PDA

View Full Version : Question about ILR application & expired passport

jeanelovesdeano
10th April 2012, 11:39
Hi everbody

I know this is too early to ask about ILR application.Can I ask what are the requirements needed for ILR application?
My visa valid September 6, 2011 until December 6, 2013. I came here with our daughter last November 14, 2011.. Just want to know ahead of time what is the possible date I am going to apply my ILR and what are the things to prepare for ILR.

But the problem is my passport is still on my single name and it will expire on August 12, 2013. Is it ok to apply my ILR even my passport is already expired and still on my single name?

Hope you could enlighten me. Thank u so much for all your help.will be happy to hear from all your response.Takecare

Terpe
10th April 2012, 12:13
The qualifying period for ILR is 24 months living in UK
You may apply 28days before the end of the qualifying period.
In your case 28 days before November 14 2013
So the earliest date that your ILR application is allowed to be made would be 18 October 2013

Generally it's not a problem to apply ILR with your maiden name still on your passport.
But in your case your passport will expire August 2013, so you must renew it in plenty of time before making ILR application.
I would suggest you call up the Philippine Embassy in London early in 2013 to arrange for a passport renewal (you can also change your name) then you will be in good shape for your ILR application.

I would download the ILR application form from the UKBA webpage here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes)

As there are some documentations that you need to be collecting right now

You need Form SET(M) - see top right hand side

Hope this helps you

lastlid
10th April 2012, 12:19
As there are some documentations that you need to be collecting right now

You need Form SET(M) - see top right hand side

Hope this helps you

Nice to see these forms getting a little more easier to read and a bit more informative. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jeanelovesdeano
10th April 2012, 22:20
thank you so much for the infomative reply.lets say I will have vacation in Phil for 2 weeks,will it not affect my Ilr application?

Terpe
11th April 2012, 09:30
thank you so much for the infomative reply.lets say I will have vacation in Phil for 2 weeks,will it not affect my Ilr application?

No, that's fine.

Moy
11th April 2012, 13:27

nope..unless :yikes::action-smiley-081::Dyoull bring my pasalubong jean hahaha!:laugher: