PDA

View Full Version : 1 way or round trip?am confused

marikistin
10th April 2012, 23:39
hi everyone!!
need your advises again should we book a 1-way ticket or would it have to be a round trip one?:NoNo:
we have the eea family permit? coz i was worryin that if we booked only 1 way ticket the immigration officers might be questioning us.
again, thank you. :)

grahamw48
10th April 2012, 23:50
If you have a settlement visa you only need a one-way ticket. :)

Arthur Little
11th April 2012, 02:00
If you have a settlement visa you only need a one-way ticket. :)

:iagree: ... unless, for any reason, it works out cheaper to buy a return ticket - as occasionally happens.

marikistin
11th April 2012, 03:51
ok. thank you for your replies. but do they view eea family permit as like the same as a settlement visa?

getting really nervous and excited as well as am travelling with 2 kids.

by the way, my son has 2 passport(s) the british one and the philippine one which should i show when we enter the manila airport?

thank you so much for all the helpful information you share.:)

hawk
11th April 2012, 05:31
use phil passport going to phil and uk one when going to uk as the saying goes dont worry be happy good luck

marikistin
11th April 2012, 06:42
hi hawk thank you. will do that.

how about the flights and opinions about it, should we book one way just or round trip. thanks:)

brokenpieces
13th April 2012, 23:44
one way ticket is ok :) although it depends what you exactly put in your application... did you tell them you're going back on this date and that? if not then 1 way ticket is ok

wahhhhh anyone from Luton Bedfordshire?

mindyspears
20th April 2012, 00:20
Hi! I was wondering if you could help me with my eea family permit application. my husband lives in belfast and is irish/british. my concern really is in filling up the application form. like what are you supposed to indicate on how long you intend to stay, when you intend to leave uk, should i indicate irish/british for my husband's nationality or just irish, when he arrived in the uk, etc?

Hope you all can assist me.

Terpe
20th April 2012, 07:40
Hi! I was wondering if you could help me with my eea family permit application. my husband lives in belfast and is irish/british. my concern really is in filling up the application form. like what are you supposed to indicate on how long you intend to stay, when you intend to leave uk, should i indicate irish/british for my husband's nationality or just irish, when he arrived in the uk, etc?

Hope you all can assist me.

This VAF5 form is badly designed. UKBA use it as a generic 'one-size-fits-all' form without any explanation of the differences in applications.

It asks question relating to all sorts of different situations instead of just specific requirements.

To answer your specific questions:-

1. Enter a date that you believe will be the very earliest you plan to go. Your visa will be dated from that date when you say you want to travel (Family Permits are supposed to issued very quickly)

2. Enter any date, say 4-6 months from the date you plan to enter UK.
The EEA Family Permit for the EEA-national partner will be issued for 6 months.
During that time you will be expected to apply for a Residence Permit from UKBA.

Actually the specific date does not matter. You will not be an overstayer. You can stay as long as you want. Better to apply for the residence permit though.

I say this simply because maybe, by not completing the boxes you will not be able to move to the next page of the form.

I'm sure there are other parts of the form where you can actually write that you intend to stay in UK with your husband permanently.

You must enter your husbands nationality as Irish.
British nationals are NOT eligible for EEA familily permits.

Hope this helps

mindyspears
20th April 2012, 16:58
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. It helps a lot. I do have another question though. One of the questions in the form is "If the EEA National is currently living in the UK, when did they arrive in the UK". My husband has lived in Belfast since he was born, so is it ok for me to indicate his birth date for this?

Again, I really appreciate your assistance.

Terpe
20th April 2012, 17:30
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. It helps a lot. I do have another question though. One of the questions in the form is "If the EEA National is currently living in the UK, when did they arrive in the UK". My husband has lived in Belfast since he was born, so is it ok for me to indicate his birth date for this?

Again, I really appreciate your assistance.

I think either marikistin or febmary can help you with that question as they both have followed the same route recently

mindyspears
20th April 2012, 21:52
Ok. Thank you Terpe.... hi marikistin and febmary, i know i'm only new here but i hope you could read this and i hope you could help me... i would really appreciate any advise you could give me especially in completing the application form...

febmary
21st April 2012, 07:57
HI mindyspears,

Regarding your query, yes we put the birthdate of my husband, that will do. Hope it helps. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Feel free to pm me if u got something in your mind to ask....

mindyspears
25th April 2012, 22:40
Thank you febmary. Yes, I hope I can chat with you some time. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon and I would really appreciate all the help I can get. :)