PDA

View Full Version : Copies or originals??

janancraig
11th April 2012, 18:56
Hi all, i knew it wouldnt be long before i was asking for assistance here and thanks in advance for your time and effort. firstly i have been looking for a check list for a fiancee visa to the uk, of which i have found many, and although they all appear to be asking for the same things im a little confused as to which documents have to be original and which can be copies, i am aware that i have to send these documents to my fiancee in the philis and will prepair a folder with copies of everything, but its like do i send my passport, if so i cant travel, what if it gets lost, my decri nisi, original or copy. all spring to mind. any advice will be most welcome. we need to start moving our application forward as with each day we miss each other so much.

thanks

Craig

cessxy
11th April 2012, 19:27
Hi,
When I submit my spouse application 2010 my husband sent his photocopy of his passport and the page where he have a philippine stamp . Goodluck:)

lastlid
11th April 2012, 19:29
Best to send originals. Mine were either originals or certified copies. Only the sponsors passport shouldn't be submitted and a notarised copy of the passport should be sent instead. Some people have sent photocopies of documents and succeeded but its a bit risky.

stevie c
11th April 2012, 19:31
Do not send your'e original passport

A copy of the bometrics page & copies of any stamped pages is all you need to send.

janancraig
11th April 2012, 19:38
Thanks to the above, any suggestions on which check list we should follow?

lastlid
12th April 2012, 07:04
Thanks to the above, any suggestions on which check list we should follow?

There isn't really a one size fits all checklist as such as all applications are different. My wife didnt use a UKBA checklist, she used one tailored to her by her Advisor.

One thing you could do is post your list on here and let the forum look at it and see if there is anything missing (removing any personal detail first of course).....:xxgrinning--00xx3: