PDA

View Full Version : Croydon - going there next week

msmaganda
13th April 2012, 13:07
Hello everyone reading this post... We are going to Croydon Next Week on Tuesday to personally apply my FLR. We just decided that it's better for us to do a same day application instead of waiting in anticipation for many many weeks. If anyone near Croydon wants to meet with us, feel free to invite us. :) thanks alot...:Jump::Jump:

lastlid
13th April 2012, 13:16
Hello everyone reading this post... We are going to Croydon Next Week on Tuesday to personally apply my FLR. We just decided that it's better for us to do a same day application instead of waiting in anticipation for many many weeks. If anyone near Croydon wants to meet with us, feel free to invite us. :) thanks alot...:Jump::Jump:

It will take the stress and agony out of the waiting.......

Arthur Little
13th April 2012, 15:47
It will take the stress and agony out of the waiting.......

... too RIGHT ... :iagree: ... it's well-worth the extra fee for same-day service!

Arthur Little
13th April 2012, 15:50
Wise move, Mary ... all the very best to you and Matthew. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th April 2012, 15:55
Btw ... your avatar picture bears an uncanny likeness to my daughter-in-law! She's not from the Phils ... but I do see a resemblance! ;)

Terpe
13th April 2012, 16:02

:xxgrinning--00xx3: yep, if you have the budget it's a good idea.

Just spend plenty of time this weekend going through the application and making sure all is in order.
Nothing worse than spending the extra and finding something is missing.

msmaganda
14th April 2012, 10:32
thank you so much everyone for all your support. I am trying my best to collect the needed papers for my application. Is a bank statement really needed? Matthew just started his work last month, we don't actually have much of a savings to show... But I told him we should show them still, eventhough all his salary is going due to my visa, atleast we don't have loans, or overdraft, I am thinking that should help. and I am thinking of taking my brother in law with us, just in case they want more proof for financial capacity. My brother in law is willing to help us just in case we need his help.

MrArthur, a lot are telling me that I ldon't look like much of a Filipino instead looking more like a Chinese, or Korean, but i'm Filipino, with small eyes and fairer skin... :D:Hellooo:

South-east boy
16th April 2012, 11:33
Hope it goes well and you have a nice trip to Croydon! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

msmaganda
17th April 2012, 17:18
Good news! I am done with my FLR application premium service. They will send my biometrics card within 7 days. I prepared alot of documents but not even half of them were seen. lol. I just gave what the lady asked, only the FLR form, marriage certificate, passport, picture and payslips. that's all they wanted me to give them. Thank God it's finish! i am going to find job soon, hopefully it will be really soon!!!

Arthur Little
17th April 2012, 17:44
Yes ... you are bound to be relieved it's all behind you now, Mary; Congratulations, and goodluck with your job search. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

msmaganda
17th April 2012, 17:49
thanks so much sir arthur!:Jump:

Terpe
18th April 2012, 12:56
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Good news! I am done with my FLR application premium service. They will send my biometrics card within 7 days. I prepared alot of documents but not even half of them were seen. lol. I just gave what the lady asked, only the FLR form, marriage certificate, passport, picture and payslips. that's all they wanted me to give them. Thank God it's finish! i am going to find job soon, hopefully it will be really soon!!!

Well done. Good job done :xxgrinning--00xx3:
FLR is usually a formality.

It's nice when you don't have to suffer weeks of waiting :xxgrinning--00xx3:

msmaganda
23rd April 2012, 22:38
I got my resident permit card already , YEY!! and I also set an appointment to get a national insurance number. :) Any tips where to first apply for a job? thanks!

Terpe
24th April 2012, 08:19
.............Any tips where to first apply for a job? thanks!

Try here first (http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/homepage.aspx?sessionid=cb5c9421-1688-4b20-baa4-61b10ff58aca&pid=2) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good hunting