PDA

View Full Version : Anyone betting for the Grand National?

ynwa
14th April 2012, 15:07
I just like the name Shakalakaboomboom so i put a pound on it. :icon_lol:

stevie c
14th April 2012, 15:29
i chose two horses the names are
(1) ON HIS OWN
(2) BECAUSEICOULDN'TSEE

My wife chose two horses named
(1) CALGARY BAY
(2) POSTMASTER

We put £1 on each horse to win

raynaputi
14th April 2012, 15:30
Synchronised and Ballabriggs for me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th April 2012, 15:33
Having the Gold Cup winner, SYNCHRONISED, in here adds a lot of spice. :hubbahubba:, and straight after the Gold Cup I told my other half they'd be stupid not to run in this race. If he wins he'll put a dent in the bookmakers share price :rolleyes:

I never play big in this race and unusual for me I stick to EW bets. I'll be using Bet Victor (http://banners.victor.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_26730b_2085) since he's paying on the first 6 home. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

BALLABRIGGS, last years winner, will go well again as do most horses who have gone well over these fences before.

I'll be having a small dabble on BLACK APALACHI who is likely to enjoy this trip, and was 2nd in this race 2 years ago.

The last one I'll have an interest in is SUNNYHILLBOY who returned to form at Cheltenham, and will have been primed for this race.

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?76996-Saturday-Aintree-16-15-John-Smith-s-Grand-National-Chase-(Grade-3-Handicap)

GraceAdam
14th April 2012, 19:31
lol mine is On his own and my fiance's bet is Shakalakaboomboom..and both didn't win.. lol
he put £5 on each horse...ouch.. :( lol

KeithD
14th April 2012, 21:51
One thing the media have forgotten to mention is that a jockey was seriously injured, and in an earlier race Ruby Walsh would have been killed if it wasn't for the protection they wear. Last year they made headlines with the 2 deatsh then and forgot to mention one guy was in a coma, and is still in rehabilitaion now with a brain injury :NoNo:

Anyway, back to this years, the media keeps missing out the facts. Syncronized got up after the fall and ran off, he injured himself later on all by himself. Yes he may have had a small fracture from the jump, and if we had outriders he may have comeback sound, but he didn't die directly due to the fence.

As for poor According To Pete he was killed by the horse that brought him down, not by the fence, he jumped that sound and landed fine.

Rory
14th April 2012, 22:11
I do not know what all the fuss is about with horse racing, i have never placed a bet on a horse in my life and can not see me doing so. I do sometimes bet on football but only a few quid.

You think they might make the fences a little lower so they are not so dangerous to horse and Jockey. All the horses that die just fuels the anti-horse and racing people.

grahamw48
14th April 2012, 22:39
Wow, I missed the National this year....sounds like some awful accidents there.

Arthur Little
15th April 2012, 01:29
Yes ... I heard on the news earlier, that two horses had died from leg fractures sustained in falls. :bigcry:

KeithD
15th April 2012, 10:04
You think they might make the fences a little lower so they are not so dangerous to horse and Jockey. All the horses that die just fuels the anti-horse and racing people.
This is a media/public misconception, the lower the fence the faster they jump, the more injuries/deaths you get. The higher they are the lower the injury/death rate as they jump and land much slower. Simple physics, but proven by the facts as hurdlers have a much higher injury/death rate than chases. You also get a high number of horses on the flat suffering injury/death. What you have to realise is that 99% of horse injuries/deaths happen in the trainers yard or out in a field.

Yes ... I heard on the news earlier, that two horses had died from leg fractures sustained in falls. :bigcry:

As I said both horses were fine after the jump, but fate afterwards intervened.

Strange how the media don't make a big thing out of the 1,000's of cats & dogs put down evey year due to abuse/neglect :rolleyes: ..... nation of animal lovers my :action-smiley-081: :D

grahamw48
15th April 2012, 10:29
It would help if prospective dog/cat owners had to take a test to prove that they were more intelligent than their pets. :rolleyes:

Eyes O'Donnell
15th April 2012, 11:29
My husband asked me to pick numbers between 1-40 and I have picked 4 and 14. this morning he told me that number 4 won :):xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump:

Rory
15th April 2012, 12:02
My husband asked me to pick numbers between 1-40 and I have picked 4 and 14. this morning he told me that number 4 won :):xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump:

That sounds the way to do it, pure pot luck. Well done. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th April 2012, 14:26
I had a dream about the number 10

So I bet £10 on number 10

My horse came in 10th :D

ynwa
15th April 2012, 17:00
I have no luck in betting but I like horses. I can't wait for Cheltenham, Grand National and Royal Ascot Next Year surely i will be there atleast one of the 3.