PDA

View Full Version : spouse visa and cfo advice plz

sammyb
17th April 2012, 18:47
Im of to the phills next week to see my wife 7 months apart.....since we got married....were planning to apply for her spouse visa in manila. all our documents are in order thanks to the advice i read on this website thanks to all who posted just a couple of questions
1) can my wife apply for her cfo before she submits her visa application?
she lives in cagayan de oro we know there in cfo seminars in cebu
2) when we submit our application its not practical to travel back to manila to get our decision i read we can use a courier service to get her decision will we be able to arrange for a courier service at vfs in manila?

many thanks for your help

rusty
17th April 2012, 19:14
enjoy your trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We have all been in the similar postion to be apart from our loved ones, hopefully not too long before you are together.

1) yes she can attend the CFO seminar before she submits her application but she will have to attend again after she has her visa, so it seems easy to just do it the once, after you get the visa.

2) you can arrange the courier service when you apply at the VFS, cost is 330Php per applicant.

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/additionalservice.html

Good luck with your application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sammyb
17th April 2012, 19:27
many thanks rusty for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
18th April 2012, 00:05
Enjoy your trip and the best of luck with your visa application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leen
18th April 2012, 03:02
Hello enjoy your trip and good luck to your visa application..where in CDO your wife resides?i am from CDO also and would love to get to know her coz i will lodge my application soon and get to know some friends...:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Marie
18th April 2012, 03:02
Sir Rusty is this true....when I attended the CFO seminar (as advised due to renewal of passport in married name)...they told me that as long as your sponsor/spouse are the same...no need to attend anymore....which is true....anyone who had the same experience.... please need your advise

lastlid
18th April 2012, 05:23
My wife attended the CFO before she acquired her visa. But like Rusty said, she had to go back again once her visa was issued. Alternatively, many people wait till they have the visa and then it is indeed one trip only.

RickyR
18th April 2012, 06:21
As above, you can do the seminar anytime you want, but they won't give you the sticker until you have the visa. So you would have to return to get the sticker.

ConfusedMe
4th May 2012, 10:34
I did my CFO after I got my visa. They need to see it though during the seminar before they give the sticker

GraceAdam
4th May 2012, 14:24
She can attend the Seminar without the visa but once she will have her visa she can come back to get the sticker :) x

Marie
4th May 2012, 17:04
Thank you all for the info....