PDA

View Full Version : X Factor Tripe - going belly up for Cowell

Dedworth
19th April 2012, 12:50
SIMON COWELL’S FURY AT ITV BETRAYAL

SIMON COWELL is said to be feeling betrayed by ITV bosses who he believes underestimated the pulling power of rival BBC talent show The Voice.

The music mogul has told friends he would even consider moving to another channel unless ITV starts devoting more energy to his programmes Britain’s Got Talent and The X Factor.

Cowell, 52, also feels there has been a lack of support from ITV executives over the torrent of revelations about his private life that have appeared in an unauthorised biography by Tom Bower.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/315292/Simon-Cowell-s-fury-at-ITV-betrayal

Why would ITV need to support him over his bizarre and pretentious private life.

I hope the viewing public come to their senses and stop watching the trash this bloke turns out

grahamw48
19th April 2012, 13:56
Shushhhhh ....it's the only time Tesco is empty when I do my shopping ! :)

Dedworth
19th April 2012, 14:26
Shushhhhh ....it's the only time Tesco is empty when I do my shopping ! :)

:icon_lol: I've never thought of that all the proles glued to their sets - must make a note to do shopping then

Fitzy
21st April 2012, 07:21
When's it on? LOl:D:D:D:hubbahubba:

Prefer Nat Geo meself.

Terpe
21st April 2012, 07:27
Haven't seen X-Factor for ages.
I gave up watching that a long time ago.

mickcant
21st April 2012, 08:09
Haven't seen X-Factor for ages.
I gave up watching that a long time ago.

Me too it would be good if he moved it to a pay to view channel:Cuckoo:
He makes big money out of thoes who watch the rubbish.
Mick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st April 2012, 10:53
I like 'Britain's Got Talent'.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/18/getmecoat8692890.gif

Dedworth
21st April 2012, 16:39
Cowell is an unsavoury character and it seems this book is doing him no good whatsoever :xxgrinning--00xx3: The full Daily Mail article (snippet below) makes interesting reading

But at the same time Cowell would be out every night, with his hair permed and wearing a tight white singlet, acting the playboy in the nightclubs of Soho.

Beighton, who worked with him for years, puzzles openly in the book about why her friend, notable for his ‘girliness’, was so odd around women. It’s not that he is gay, she says, as she knows he has slept with women.

She concluded that he ‘had an intimacy problem’ — that he was attracted to beautiful women, but did not want to be truly involved in their lives.

Bower writes: ‘He visibly winces if a woman’s period was mentioned. Girls with a period, he told Beighton jokingly, should be locked in a room with straw on the floor.’

Joking or not, that reveals a chauvinism which would make many shudder. Not surprisingly, his relationships with women are presented as unconventional at the very least.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2132989/Is-Simon-Cowell-self-destructing-A-new-book-paints-crude-misogynistic-womaniser--strange-personal-habits.html#ixzz1sgpcJ7MI

grahamw48
21st April 2012, 17:02
Sounds like he went to boarding school like me. :icon_lol:

bod
23rd April 2012, 08:49
Programs like these are great! They keep people off the streets and at home where they cant cause any trouble!

grahamw48
23rd April 2012, 11:03
This is true. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
23rd April 2012, 21:57
Rather than the usual sycophantic fawning it's encouraging to see even the heavyweight papers putting the boot in :icon_lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/9220953/Understated-moi-Simon-Cowell-admits-to-being-a-bit-odd.html

Notavirusalso
25th April 2012, 09:14
Ha HA there's no such thing as bad publicity... you should all know this by now....Does any one know how they work out viewing figures ? This has always amazed me how they come up with these figures. Surely they have to be ball park as there is no way on earth they know how many pepole are sat in front of how many T.V. sets.. just seems like another propaganda tool telling us what we should be watching...I dont know but im guessing it's something to do with the Sun rag...as a P.S I am looking forward TO Murdoks apperance today...hope he gets compansated for his time with tax payers money...bless him

mickcant
25th April 2012, 10:10
Does any one know how they work out viewing figures ?

This has puzzled me too?
They seem to me to be just ways of promoting what they want us to watch:omg:
I do not watch any of Cowell's crap, he wont make any money from me:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick:)

Dedworth
25th April 2012, 10:37
Does any one know how they work out viewing figures ?

This has puzzled me too?
They seem to me to be just ways of promoting what they want us to watch:omg:
I do not watch any of Cowell's crap, he wont make any money from me:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick:)

They have a "panel" people with electronic devices on their T.V's See here

http://www.barb.co.uk/about/tv-measurement

Viewing estimates are obtained from a panel of television owning private homes representing the viewing behaviour of the 26 million TV households within the UK. The panel is selected to be representative of each ITV and BBC region, with pre-determined sample sizes. Each home represents, on average, about 5,000 of the UK population.

You wonder how "representative" the panel is or unfortunately it could be that we are a nation of dimwitted proles judging by the inane crap that is shown as the most popular programmes

grahamw48
25th April 2012, 10:44
How can they possibly concentrate with 5,000 people running about the house ? :Erm:

- Must be harder than trying to feed them with 5 fish and 2 loaves of bread. :)

Ako Si Jamie
28th April 2012, 18:35
I don't mind XF and BGT because I like to see some talent and good talent only. Cowell & his cronies, sob stories and emotional relatives really grate me though.

Dedworth
28th April 2012, 18:53
I don't mind XF and BGT because I like to see some talent and good talent only. Cowell & his cronies, sob stories and emotional relatives really grate me though.

Smarmiest man on TV

There's related dirge in the Mail today from Northern slapper Cheryl Cole - reading it spoilt my breakfast http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Cheryl's revenge on Simon: Cole on the warpath over Cowell biography plots to hit back with her own tell-all book

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2136460/Cheryl-Cole-plots-hit-Simon-Cowell-tell-book.html#ixzz1tMIbP0TW

grahamw48
28th April 2012, 19:05
Thanks for the reminder guys...don't want to miss it tonight ! :D

Dedworth
28th April 2012, 19:06
You'll be heading off to Tescos soon then Graham :D

grahamw48
28th April 2012, 19:40
Nope, can relax and watch the whole show...went on Wednesday. :D

Now that my boy is going to the gym 5 times a week and eating me out of house and home, :rolleyes:
intervals between shopping trips are getting shorter and shorter though. :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
28th April 2012, 22:25
Smarmiest man on TV

Yes and has the personality of a toilet seat.