PDA

View Full Version : Requesting information on uk spouse visa

Robert86
26th April 2012, 13:05
Hello, I am planning to bring my filipino wife here to the UK later this year on a spouse visa. I am aware that the government are trying to introduce new minimum income requirements? does anyone know when this will come into force? i would also like to ask how much savings should one have before application? thanks.

lastlid
26th April 2012, 13:19
The government say we should hear before June 6th on this....but we don't know what exactly they are going to introduce.....

On saving, there appears to be no specific amount. Many feel that 2 or 3 grand is enough.....or at least has been in the past.

Robert86
26th April 2012, 13:28
Lastlid, thanks once again.. that amount of savings is not a problem I already have that amount, but what i do fear is the governments income requirement proposals, i work as care assistant and not on a big wage, i fear that will make my application more difficult :(

lastlid
26th April 2012, 13:45
Lastlid, thanks once again.. that amount of savings is not a problem I already have that amount, but what i do fear is the governments income requirement proposals, i work as care assistant and not on a big wage, i fear that will make my application more difficult :(

I know what you mean. Any chance you can slip an application in before June 6th?

Problem is we simply just don't know what they are actually going to come up with. It seems there will be some changes but exactly how many and to what degree are both unknowns...