PDA

View Full Version : What If sending a follow up letter to the British Embassy?

Gretta
27th April 2012, 05:27
Hello everyone. Just a thought. My fiancee and I is thinking of sending a follow up letter to the British Embassy regarding the delay of my visa application. It's been 4 weeks that we haven't heard any news from them. Do you think sending a follow up letter to the Embassy will enable them to process my visa application soon?

febmary
27th April 2012, 07:48
Hello everyone. Just a thought. My fiancee and I is thinking of sending a follow up letter to the British Embassy regarding the delay of my visa application. It's been 4 weeks that we haven't heard any news from them. Do you think sending a follow up letter to the Embassy will enable them to process my visa application soon?

I've waited for my EEA Family Permit up to 6 weeks.Just try to patient for this time. It may not take longer.:)

Bluebirdjones
27th April 2012, 09:43
No

aronbabev
27th April 2012, 11:16
Hello Gretta..Be patient, Don't rush..your just 4 weeks and am:) 8 weeks.still no heard nor news...hehehhe.:D:D

Terpe
27th April 2012, 12:24

Take a look here
Guide to visa processing times (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/processing-times)

bigmarco
27th April 2012, 17:07
Hi Gretta they do say not to contact them unless its more than 12 weeks since you submitted your visa application.
I think the Norm recently has been 7/8 weeks so be patient.
I hope your news is good when it finally arrives. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
27th April 2012, 22:09
4wks is nothing :NoNo:

Hi Gretta they do say not to contact them unless its more than 12 weeks since you submitted your visa application.
I think the Norm recently has been 7/8 weeks so be patient.
I hope your news is good when it finally arrives. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

when its 12wks or more, then you can :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gretta
28th April 2012, 06:29
Thanks for all your responses. :)

lastlid
28th April 2012, 10:29
Interestingly both my Advisor and I contacted the Isle of Man Immigration department just 10 days into the application. I found the person I spoke to quite amicable. (For the Isle of Man the application is processed by the UKBA like everyone elses application is but it also has to pass through the hands of the Isle of Man Immigration).

Note: They didn't hold it against me that I had phoned and didn't speed things up. But they reassured me that the paperwork was being dealt with. They were polite with a helpful demeanour.

Stevi
28th April 2012, 12:48
Be patient i waslike ou too before...it will surely come yuo like it or not a little bit more of waiting time mine comes after 2months and 10 days:Hellooo: