PDA

View Full Version : Reply to letter from MP

bigmarco
12th May 2012, 07:55
Just to let everyone know that my MP has forwarded a copy of the reply she got from the UKBA (MP's Liason unit).
Basically the letter has not addressed any of our concerns but merely referred to the appeals procedure and the fact that once our appeal is lodged it will receive appropriate attention.It has also suggested I contact the Ministry of Justice for further information. I sent them an email 3 days ago for an update and am awaiting a reply.
Not surprisingly the letter was signed by Adebola Aina :cwm23:

lastlid
12th May 2012, 07:59
Just to let everyone know that my MP has forwarded a copy of the reply she got from the UKBA (MP's Liason unit).
Basically the letter has not addressed any of our concerns but merely referred to the appeals procedure and the fact that once our appeal is lodged it will receive appropriate attention.It has also suggested I contact the Ministry of Justice for further information. I sent them an email 3 days ago for an update and am awaiting a reply.

Well Marco, first of all, I am still rooting for your success in pursuit of your wife's visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Secondly, with reference to the highlighted above, I still say that I never knew Immigration could be so funny or indeed ironic.

bigmarco
12th May 2012, 08:13
Well Marco, first of all, I am still rooting for your success in pursuit of your wife's visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Secondly, with reference to the highlighted above, I still say that I never knew Immigration could be so funny or indeed ironic.

Thanks Lastlid.
Oh the Irony. But I must confess it actually made me laugh. I'm sure something like this only happens in Britain.

lastlid
12th May 2012, 08:17
Thanks Lastlid.
Oh the Irony. But I must confess it actually made me laugh. I'm sure something like this only happens in Britain.

Well that's it. It isn't funny. But its laughable.

joebloggs
12th May 2012, 09:14
that's funny, i've just got a letter from Florence Majolabe at HM courts and Tribunals, another common British surname :D

justice and being a British Citizen are never heard in the same sentence :NoNo:

some of you might wonder why i keep posting all the :censored: about illegal immigrants and the low life's, well maybe I'm becoming more :furious3: and bitter over the years from seeing people who are guilty of a crime being able to get legal aid and bend the rules to stay here, yet decent hard working Brits who want to bring their spouse or even family members for a visit are refused for petty reasons and dont have the rights to legal aid that the :censored: have.

good your fighting back bigmarco and dont let the :censored: get you down :angry:

lastlid
12th May 2012, 09:38
that's funny, i've just got a letter from Florence Majolabe at HM courts and Tribunals, another common British surname :D

justice and being a British Citizen are never heard in the same sentence :NoNo:

some of you might wonder why i keep posting all the :censored: about illegal immigrants and the low life's, well maybe I'm becoming more :furious3: and bitter over the years from seeing people who are guilty of a crime being able to get legal aid and bend the rules to stay here, yet decent hard working Brits who want to bring their spouse or even family members for a visit are refused for petty reasons and dont have the rights to legal aid that the :censored: have.

good your fighting back bigmarco and dont let the :censored: get you down :angry:

Noli illegitimi carborundum!

bigmarco
12th May 2012, 09:44
well maybe I'm becoming more :furious3: and bitter over the years from seeing people who are guilty of a crime being able to get legal aid and bend the rules to stay here, yet decent hard working Brits who want to bring their spouse or even family members for a visit are refused

Thats exactly how they make you feel Joe. I ask for nothing and pay my way. My daughter lost her job last June and I kept her until she found another one in November when I should have taken her down the benefits office. I find myself at 49 years of age thinking should I get an Irish passport just incase things continue to go against me. I despise how I'm treated in my own country and yet read everyday how others are handed pockets full of our money to maintain their illegal status in this country. My despair is compounded by the fact that I work for an organisation that promotes people not on their ability to do the job but on the fact that they tick certain boxes and I am given instructions in my safety critical job everyday by people who haven't got a clue what they are doing. I could go on forever about the injustices of being British in Britain today about the fact that my Mother has to sell her house to pay for care in her old age, a house that was bought and paid for by a man who worked hard all his life and never ever once claimed benefits and only lived to receive 2 years pension for all his hard work. End of Rant :cwm23:

Dedworth
12th May 2012, 09:51

MP's Office is clueless and sloppy in forwarding you such a letter - I'd make an appointment to see the MP

joebloggs
12th May 2012, 09:56
about the fact that my Mother has to sell her house to pay for care in her old age, a house that was bought and paid for by a man who worked hard all his life and never ever once claimed benefits and only lived to receive 2 years pension for all his hard work. End of Rant :cwm23:

tell me about it :NoNo: my dad died at 58, never claimed anything, i've managed to stop the SS (social services) putting a charge on my moms house for more than 6yrs, but i think that's about to change :NoNo:

grahamw48
12th May 2012, 10:12

Quite simple Joe.

It is well-known amongst the scumbag network around the uncivilised world that Britain is a soft touch, run by selfish spineless fools and a haven for all forms of human detritus. :rolleyes:

simonsaysjapan
24th May 2012, 12:09
My own nightmare ended last night. An application for Settlement (Fiancée) Visa refused in Sept 2010, taken through a tribunal, an adjournment and still when the judge sided with me, the Home Office forced it to an Upper Tribunal...their reason? When I applied I was a Japanese translator, but by the tribunal had changed career into another job, but still able to support her here. They appealed to an Upper Tribunal because 'my new job no longer used Japanese'.:angry: Idiots wanted to drag it through a closed court with five judges from all over the UK meeting to discuss a point of law. £££££££!!!!!

Upon advice, I dropped the case, and filed again using my dual nationality as an Irish citizen. Should have taken 7 days to process the EEA Family Permit, but after 7 weeks I had heard nothing. We were now 20 months on from me leaving our home in the Philippines to come here. Her hair was now falling out from the stress causing bald patches at the back.

I wrote to my MP, who passed it on to the Minister of Immigration. Don't know if such an extreme Tory hell-bent against immigration did anything, but eventually we got her visa last night.

The visa normally becomes valid two weeks after issue, but her's started a week ago. They have been sitting on it.

The UK Home Office are known in the trade as 'The Dark Side' for good reason. They have behaved despicably. In the end, I, as an ex-British serviceman and Gulf veteran, had my human rights to family protected by the EU and Republic of Ireland who like most other EU countries comply with the EU Treaty.

I will never feel the same about the UK state again.:cwm23:

We are being mistreated so badly by our own government that only foreign bodies can help us. Ridiculous.:ReadIt:

lastlid
24th May 2012, 12:16
I am absolutely gobsmacked, Simon.

joebloggs
24th May 2012, 13:16
:NoNo: you would have been treated better if you was an illegal immigrant :doh

grahamw48
24th May 2012, 13:49
Simon, naturally I'm horrified at the treatment you've received. :NoNo:

Thank goodness it appears that there is a happy ending in sight.

I think you need to go to a newspaper or investigative TV programme with your story.

Best wishes to you both anyway, and what a good man you are....seeing it all through. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
24th May 2012, 14:15
Always amazes me the number of people who proudly say they have never claimed anything. Why on earth not? You pay taxes etc all your working life and in my eyes that entitles you to claim as much as is legally possible. If ypou dont claim then eventually whatever government might decide there is no need and the benefit may dissapear!

grahamw48
24th May 2012, 16:14
Not while the immigration floodgates are open....to some. :rolleyes:....and irresponsible teenage scroungers are paid to breed. :NoNo:

bigmarco
24th May 2012, 16:49
My own nightmare ended last night. An application for Settlement (Fiancée) Visa refused in Sept 2010, taken through a tribunal, an adjournment and still when the judge sided with me, the Home Office forced it to an Upper Tribunal...their reason? When I applied I was a Japanese translator, but by the tribunal had changed career into another job, but still able to support her here. They appealed to an Upper Tribunal because 'my new job no longer used Japanese'.:angry: Idiots wanted to drag it through a closed court with five judges from all over the UK meeting to discuss a point of law. £££££££!!!!!

Upon advice, I dropped the case, and filed again using my dual nationality as an Irish citizen. Should have taken 7 days to process the EEA Family Permit, but after 7 weeks I had heard nothing. We were now 20 months on from me leaving our home in the Philippines to come here. Her hair was now falling out from the stress causing bald patches at the back.

I wrote to my MP, who passed it on to the Minister of Immigration. Don't know if such an extreme Tory hell-bent against immigration did anything, but eventually we got her visa last night.

The visa normally becomes valid two weeks after issue, but her's started a week ago. They have been sitting on it.

The UK Home Office are known in the trade as 'The Dark Side' for good reason. They have behaved despicably. In the end, I, as an ex-British serviceman and Gulf veteran, had my human rights to family protected by the EU and Republic of Ireland who like most other EU countries comply with the EU Treaty.

I will never feel the same about the UK state again.:cwm23:

We are being mistreated so badly by our own government that only foreign bodies can help us. Ridiculous.:ReadIt:

Delighted to see a happy ending to your story Simon and I wish you both all the best for the future. I am in the process of applying for an Irish Passport and am seriously contemplating following your route should the British Government keep treating me this way. This is causing me an immeasurable amount of stress and anxiety and it pains me to be treated this way by my own government when so many others sail through our system unchecked.
My best wishes to you both for your future together.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
24th May 2012, 17:56
Always amazes me the number of people who proudly say they have never claimed anything. Why on earth not? You pay taxes etc all your working life and in my eyes that entitles you to claim as much as is legally possible. If ypou dont claim then eventually whatever government might decide there is no need and the benefit may dissapear!

of course you should claim any benefits your entitled to, as you've said Lordna you've paid your taxes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but the dreaded 'no recourse to public funds' could always be used for refusing a visa :NoNo: