PDA

View Full Version : My son with British passport - does he need a visa?

BoholoX
15th May 2012, 20:27
Now I consider myself to be fairly intelligent but I suppose staring at endless web pages with confusing information must affect the brain :cwm3:

So we are just gathering together my wife's documents to apply for settlement to join me here with our 5month old son, the facts being

1) He was born in RP to British father and Filipino mother who have RP marriage certificate
2) Son has British passport already received
3) Son has RP passport applied for but still waiting (rush delivery :icon_lol:) This is so he can leave the RP without any overstaying fees WTF?
4) Father, mother and son will travel together to UK once wife's visa approved

I searched this site but couldn't see an obvious answer, it's this page that is confusing me

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/children/

I dont think the process is too complicated it's just another £800 :NoNo: which would pay for a flight

Any advise/experience appreciated!

Terpe
15th May 2012, 20:46
Hi BoholoX,
Anyone who is the holder of a British Passport does NOT need a visa to enter UK.

For future visits dual UK/Phils passport holders should use UK passport to enter UK and Phils Passport to enter Philippines. That way you can always avoid problems. (Well usually)

That should help with you expenditure. Hehe

BoholoX
15th May 2012, 21:10
Thanks Terpe

That was the plan, dual passports to avoid visas either way, looks like we have some extra budget to play with now, happy days!

Terpe
15th May 2012, 23:51
Thanks Terpe

That was the plan, dual passports to avoid visas either way, looks like we have some extra budget to play with now, happy days!

I like happy news. Good luck.

joebloggs
16th May 2012, 10:53
if you hadn't applied for a British passport for him for what ever reason, you could still have applied and paid the £800 for a settlement visa for him.