PDA

View Full Version : What do you think folks????

brinormeg
17th May 2012, 20:02
Third party support ! Third party Sponsorship! Is there a difference?
I ask because my fiancee parents are in the states but have, and certainly would help again as an extra sponsor if my current wages and kings wages from her job already offered isnt enough.
I fly out in a fortnight to get married and we will apply a.s.p for her visa on my return.
I think we have everything else covered except for the money side i am still worried about.
Im working full time and she has proof of a full time job offer at the same place along with a house we can rent from the company...We will have evidence for this!

We went out together for 2 years previous and again have plenty of evidence!

My only real worry is both our wages wont be great but had hoped to use her parents as a back up...but seems officers will only recognise uk financial support!

Is it worth her parents sending the requirments as a sponser as a back up anyway, or will this only maybe highlight to the officer that we dont earn alot of money???? What do you think?????

Just when you think you are getting somewhere and got everything covered and sorted out....a niggle of doubt starts again

I should add that we did stay together off and on and have some proof of that as well with my bt etc being installed in her house.....have copy of bills and proof she was staying there at the time.

LastViking
18th May 2012, 12:01
I am sure you will get a more informative reply from those others on the site. For my part I think it is a matter of logic. Will your joint incomes in the UK be enough for you to live on without recourse to public funds. That must be the test.

If you have enough income with your wife's job offer to cover your costs of living but only just and your parents in law are prepared and able to help, then I would get a letter from them to support your application. Bear in mind that until you are married and your wife has a spouse visa, your fiancee will not be allowed to work in the UK on a fiancee visa.

If you do need your parents in law help, they would have to able to demonstrate that they have excess income available. If they are supporting other family members, UK immigration will be doubtful. What evidence could they or would they be prepared to supply in support of your application?

brinormeg
18th May 2012, 23:14
I am sure you will get a more informative reply from those others on the site. For my part I think it is a matter of logic. Will your joint incomes in the UK be enough for you to live on without recourse to public funds. That must be the test.

If you have enough income with your wife's job offer to cover your costs of living but only just and your parents in law are prepared and able to help, then I would get a letter from them to support your application. Bear in mind that until you are married and your wife has a spouse visa, your fiancee will not be allowed to work in the UK on a fiancee visa.

If you do need your parents in law help, they would have to able to demonstrate that they have excess income available. If they are supporting other family members, UK immigration will be doubtful. What evidence could they or would they be prepared to supply in support of your application?

Hi thanks for the reply!:)
We did stay together in the UK before for a few months, and we did manage although like many there were times we struggled financially but not to the stage we were on benifits of any kind. And there will not be a limit to her working hours as she is not on a student visa anymore if they allow her back!
(What we dont know is how the officer will see it)

Since she went back to the phil in march we have been planning for me to go there and get married and she will apply for the spouse visa which we do in a couple of weeks time.

They are relatively well off both being nurses in the states along with her fathers other buisness interests back in phil and they would be willing to submit wage slips etc if need be.
But our fear is by doing so it might highlight that the funds we have between us isn't alot especially after visa costs, flight etc
Added to this Im sure i read here that the sponsor had to be in the UK although if they will recognise the available financial help that there is if we need it is from the usa we arent sure!

grahamw48
18th May 2012, 23:31
...'but seems officers will only recognise uk financial support!'

And there was me thinking it was a Global Economy. :rolleyes: