PDA

View Full Version : Marrying in England - Does a Brit need a CNI?

Trefor
20th May 2012, 08:43
We plan to wed this summer in the UK. I know she needs a CNI from Manilla (we have this). What about me? As a British citizen all my life I believe it is not needed as the registry office can check anyway?

I do understand I will need a CNI when we have our main 'big' wedding with her family next year in the Philippines.

Iani
20th May 2012, 08:58
You're getting married twice - once here and once in Phils? Isn't that sort of.......well, can it be done - because you'll already be married here surely

Trefor
20th May 2012, 09:13
There must be a way to have a second ceremony - after all we're married to each other, not someone else.

raynaputi
20th May 2012, 09:56
There must be a way to have a second ceremony - after all we're married to each other, not someone else.

yep that's possible Trefor..it's like a marriage blessing if you want to do it in a church in the Philippines..although anyone can perform the second ceremony for you because you are already married. Also at any place you want. The advantage of this is you won't need the documents that they usually ask to be married (CNI, birth cert, seminar, etc.). You just book the place and everything and do the second ceremony.