PDA

View Full Version : Kippers

lastlid
20th May 2012, 16:19
There are the famous Manx Kippers and Arbroath Smokies and also in Whitby too, but is there such a thing as a Philippine equivalent. Surely there must be as it comes under the category of smelly fish. :icon_lol:

I was trying to google it today without success. The nearest I could get was a fish like a herring that lives only in the lake around the Taal volcanoe.....

lastlid
20th May 2012, 16:48
Found somebodies blog on the Philippines called Smoke Me a Kipper....:icon_lol:

http://tchecossais.blogspot.com/2012/02/rucks-and-malls.html

BoholoX
20th May 2012, 17:00
I find the smell of smoked fish offensive but each to their own. When attending Manx BBQs make sure you cook the burgers first cos the kipper smell permeates everything. How clever the filipino 'dirty kitchens' are!!!

I took some smoked kipper packs (Curtis?) back for my friends in Bohol thinking it would be appreciated but they were met with uniform thumbs down (but I could have told them that :icon_lol:)

grahamw48
20th May 2012, 17:23
Fish in the Phils has its up and down sides.

1. The +.... Keeps the girls slim. :hubbahubba:

2. The - .... It stinks. :vomit-smiley-011:

lastlid
20th May 2012, 17:37
Do they eat kippers in Phils? My wife has just been talking about Tinapa and Daing. Just bought some Manx kippers from Deverau, Douglas. See if she likes them....

lastlid
20th May 2012, 17:38
I find the smell of smoked fish offensive but each to their own. When attending Manx BBQs make sure you cook the burgers first cos the kipper smell permeates everything. How clever the filipino 'dirty kitchens' are!!!

I took some smoked kipper packs (Curtis?) back for my friends in Bohol thinking it would be appreciated but they were met with uniform thumbs down (but I could have told them that :icon_lol:)

Me too. Though I like smoked bacon and smoked cheese. My boss at work likes smoked tea (Lapsang Souchong) which tastes foul.....

grahamw48
20th May 2012, 18:52
Must change my socks :Erm:....thanks for the reminder. :)

lastlid
20th May 2012, 21:51
Job done. The Mrs fried the kippers and ate them with rice. I think she enjoyed them. Great. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
21st May 2012, 07:08
I love Kippers:hubbahubba:
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
21st May 2012, 07:19
I love Kippers:hubbahubba:
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I always used to think they were quite a smelly fish until my wife started cooking her dried fish here..:icon_lol:

grahamw48
21st May 2012, 09:24
Actually one of the few varieties of fish I like too.

I think it's what you're brought up eating.

My son can't even consider eating liver...says it makes him want to puke. :icon_lol:

Deon
22nd May 2012, 08:08
I also prepare used seafood unpleasant but each to their own. When joining Manx BBQs create sure you prepare the hamburgers first cos the kipper fragrance seeps everything. How brilliant the philippine 'dirty kitchens' are