PDA

View Full Version : missing some of your favorites when in the philippines

tiger31
28th May 2012, 05:58
when i came out to the philippines ,i was coming for a long period for about a year .so brought a few of my favorite supplies but eventually they will run out.so to my horrow i was out of branston pickle lol so i decided to try and hunt some down .after many days looking around various stores without any luck i got a tip off from a forum member where to go .so off i went and yes there was a jar of my favorite branston pickle i was so happy that was until i saw the price lol now bear in mind this was a small jar 547 pesos = just over 8 quid in case your a newbie lol well i just tapped the the lid and replaced back onto the shelf and said my goodbyes coz even i could,nt bring myself to pay that ah well the moral of this story is if your staying for a long period bring lots of your favorite home comforts coz it,ll cost you a bomb .

joebloggs
28th May 2012, 06:02
it must have flown to the phils in first class,
i missed heniz ketchup :cwm24:

lastlid
28th May 2012, 06:58
when i came out to the philippines ,i was coming for a long period for about a year .so brought a few of my favorite supplies but eventually they will run out.so to my horrow i was out of branston pickle lol so i decided to try and hunt some down .after many days looking around various stores without any luck i got a tip off from a forum member where to go .so off i went and yes there was a jar of my favorite branston pickle i was so happy that was until i saw the price lol now bear in mind this was a small jar 547 pesos = just over 8 quid in case your a newbie lol well i just tapped the the lid and replaced back onto the shelf and said my goodbyes coz even i could,nt bring myself to pay that ah well the moral of this story is if your staying for a long period bring lots of your favorite home comforts coz it,ll cost you a bomb .

That reminds me of the 4 quid green papaya that we bought here in the isle of man a few weeks back. LOL

stevewool
28th May 2012, 07:34
shop wisely and if its to much walk away:)

mickcant
28th May 2012, 08:03
When I go away it is to try the local foods:xxgrinning--00xx3:
It always suprises me the amount people on holiday will pay for an English newspaper:doh

Enjoy new experances:Cuckoo:
Mick.:)

tiger31
28th May 2012, 08:12
found heinz here ok even brown sauce which surprised me lol

tiger31
28th May 2012, 08:14
shop wisely and if its to much walk away:)stevie my boy its hard to walk away from ones favorite sandwich condiment but on this occasion i had to lol until i crack:)