PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm Reema

ReemaOwens
29th May 2012, 07:04
Hello everyone I'm Reema! recently married the love of my life from Isle of Man and currently we are waiting for NSO marriage certificate copy to start my visa application. We are now married for 2 months and really excited to start my application its just that system here is very slow..Hope we can have it soon..Im so lucky to found this site because i know this will be very helpful to me..
I really appreciated if you send me advices and suggestions since im new here..looking forward to it :Wave:

sexiimulditah
29th May 2012, 07:12
:Hellooo:hiya...welcome to the club of married life:xxgrinning--00xx3:......and goodluck to your app too...:Jump:...god bless xxx:Wave:

myliitlehaven07
29th May 2012, 07:53
:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Jump::Jump::Jump: WELCOME!!!!! and GOOD LUCK on your plans!!! enjoy your married life!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
29th May 2012, 08:29
Hello everyone I'm Reema! recently married the love of my life from Isle of Man and currently we are waiting for NSO marriage certificate copy to start my visa application. We are now married for 2 months and really excited to start my application its just that system here is very slow..Hope we can have it soon..Im so lucky to found this site because i know this will be very helpful to me..
I really appreciated if you send me advices and suggestions since im new here..looking forward to it :Wave:

Hello Reema, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Congratulations of your recent marriage.

The best advice right now is to get your marriage certificate asap.
In the meantime start preparing and collecting evidence for your visa application.

As a start please take a look here (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/36554-How-To-Apply-For-A-Spouse-Visa) for information on applying for a Spouse Visa

ReemaOwens
29th May 2012, 08:35
hello!!!Thanks for the warm welcome :) just would like to ask how long can i get the certificate for the English language test exam..thank you

Terpe
29th May 2012, 08:47
Take a look at the UKBA webpage Approved English language tests for partners. (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/275292/46-english-test-partners)
The listing of tests etc can be found on the right hand side as a link.

I would suggest to review the UKBA approved listing and find an approved test centre and provider near to where you live.
Might be a good idea to request information on how long it takes to process the pass certificate. Some members have had to wait a long time.

There's plenty of threads/posts on this subject if you do a quick search.

malchard888
29th May 2012, 08:48
Welcome to this helpful forum, u will get advice beyond your wildest dreams as there are some very knowledgeable experts who post here, always willing to provide a wealth of information and help newcomers live their dream and make it a reality.:)

ReemaOwens
29th May 2012, 09:15
how about for those who took an exam in the Hopkins?how long does it take to get the certificate? since im plaaning to have an exam there...

lastlid
29th May 2012, 09:23
We are from the IOM too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My wife took her tests at Hopkins Manila last July. I can't remember exactly how long it took for the results but I seem to remember the same day for one set of them (or maybe a few days) and about 3 weeks for the 2nd set, a few days less than they actually quoted. We found Hopkins to be pretty good / professional and many people on here have said the same. I will ask her when I get home tonight.

Heres a forum link to Hopkins themselves though I don't know if they are about much at the moment.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/36297-TOEIC_Hopkins-(A1-level-tests)?highlight=Hopkins

ReemaOwens
29th May 2012, 11:40
Thanks for the link lastlid! I also want to ask how long did you wait for the visa?

ReemaOwens
29th May 2012, 12:09
Thank you Lastlid for the link :) Its good to know that you are from IOM too..just want to ask how long did you wait for the visa?

Arthur Little
29th May 2012, 13:52
Hello everyone I'm Reema! recently married the love of my life from Isle of Man

:welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum, Reema.

There're two of our members at least, that're living on the Isle of Man ... Lastlid - who has already responded to your introductory post - and Dave UK too!! :)

lastlid
29th May 2012, 14:00
Thank you Lastlid for the link :) Its good to know that you are from IOM too..just want to ask how long did you wait for the visa?

It took my wife 2 weeks. But it does vary a lot.

And IOM Immigration have to take a look at it too so it can take an extra few days because of that.

Leen
29th May 2012, 14:57
how about for those who took an exam in the Hopkins?how long does it take to get the certificate? since im plaaning to have an exam there...

Hello Reema welcome to the forum:Hellooo:you'll get the Listening and Reading Test result right away and after a week for Speaking Test at Hopkins....wish you luck on your exam and visa application.

Arthur Little
29th May 2012, 15:14
wish you luck on your exam and visa application ...

... so do I. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ReemaOwens
29th May 2012, 15:47
Thanks for the response and very helpful answers..so lucky to have here especially right now there are lots of confusions and questions hanging while I'm doing this process..really can't wait to be with my husband I hope everything will be quick...and thanks again for the warm welcome...Hi to the Manx here glad to meet you :Hellooo:...........more questions to follow for sure..but for now will have the exam first...I can do it :)

Arthur Little
29th May 2012, 16:05
... I can do it ...

... that's the spirit! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
29th May 2012, 16:50
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your exams :Hellooo:

mikey73
29th May 2012, 16:56
welcome to the forum reema:Hellooo:

lastlid
29th May 2012, 19:04
Thanks for the response and very helpful answers..so lucky to have here especially right now there are lots of confusions and questions hanging while I'm doing this process..really can't wait to be with my husband I hope everything will be quick...and thanks again for the warm welcome...Hi to the Manx here glad to meet you :Hellooo:...........more questions to follow for sure..but for now will have the exam first...I can do it :)

I am not actually Manx. But I live in Douglas. I gather the spouse visa process is the same though for anyone who is Manx. Good luck with the English Language test.