PDA

View Full Version : Bangus 4 Quid Each in Tesco

lastlid
29th May 2012, 11:39
Finally my wife decided that Bangus is the same as Sea Bass over here. She said it has loads of bones in it ( I am not a fish lover ) so we bought one for her. It was 4 quid. That seems a lot for a not so big fish not much bigger than a trout and loads of bones too.

Is that right? 4 quid?

She has cooked it for lunch with rice and says she feels like she is back in Cavite now, with the warm weather and the Bangus.....:icon_lol:

Terpe
29th May 2012, 11:55
I'm not sure that Sea Bass is like Bangus :Erm:

Anyway £4 seems about right. Sea Bass is a very expensive fish and supposedly called 'king of fish'. I enjoy Sea Bass but it's a little expensive. See if Mrs Lastlid is willing to try Sea Bream. It's less expensive and personally I much prefer the taste and texture.

Bluebirdjones
29th May 2012, 11:56
My missus is keen on the gilt-head bream.
Morrisons usually have it on special offer at £2 - £2.50 per fish.

Moy
29th May 2012, 12:04
yum:hubbahubba: one of my fav fish at all times:D and this how it looks like when i cook it i just got mine at asian shop today for 3.25 quid:D

http://panlasangpinoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Grilled-Bangus-in-Pandan-Leaves.jpg

http://www.fishfish.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Milkfish.jpg

Arthur Little
29th May 2012, 13:05
:rolleyes: ... fishy!

joebloggs
29th May 2012, 13:25
this how it looks like when i BURN it i just got mine at asian shop today for 3.25 quid:D

:yikes::laugher:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

grahamw48
29th May 2012, 13:52
Blimey that's a biggun. :cwm24:

Better to spend 4 quid on some healthy eating like Bangus, rather than junk takeway crap.

Keeps our ladies slim over here too. :)

lordna
29th May 2012, 13:54
Bangus is very nice, Sea Bass is also nice. They are similar in that they are both fish....thats all!

lastlid
29th May 2012, 13:54

Nuke it....:D

lastlid
29th May 2012, 13:55
Bangus is very nice, Sea Bass is also nice. They are similar in that they are both fish....thats all!

What's the closest relative to Bangus in these here parts then? Sea Bream, like what Terpe says?

lastlid
29th May 2012, 13:56

Big Bangus?

Thats about 50 times the size as the one we got in Tesco for 4 quid........:D

Moy
29th May 2012, 14:05

:action-smiley-081: you have to live all your life in the Philippines to understand the concept why we cook like that as you say BURN:yikes::icon_lol::laugher: YOU AINT got no idea Joes:D poor you:laugher::icon_lol::Erm:

note:JOE'S HAS EDITED MY orig post from the word "i cook" he say BURN LOLZ..

Moy
29th May 2012, 14:08

whatever LAstid,,IT might be nuke or burn:yikes::laugher::omg::D:D in your eyesight:icon_lol: same principle on how the english people eat there raw steak:icon_lol::action-smiley-081:

grahamw48
29th May 2012, 14:11
What would Gordon Ramsay say about your kitchen facilities though Moy ? :icon_lol:

Moy
29th May 2012, 14:14
What would Gordon Ramsay say about your kitchen facilities though Moy ? :icon_lol:

oh he will amaze am sure graham authentic pinoy kusina (abohan) :yikes::icon_lol:

lastlid
29th May 2012, 14:45

whatever LAstid,,IT might be nuke or burn:yikes::laugher::omg::D:D in your eyesight:icon_lol: same principle oh how the english people eat there raw steak:icon_lol::action-smiley-081:[/QUOTE]

Well, Mrs Lastlid has just nuked the Sea Bass and is soooo happy right now...:D

lastlid
29th May 2012, 14:47

I don't think Gordon Ramsay is in a position to say much right now, or if he is then he is :censored: :censored: :censored: in hospital right now after a late tackle from Teddy Sheringham....:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
29th May 2012, 15:02
Big Bangus?

Thats about 50 times the size as the one we got in Tesco for 4 quid........:D

... don't forget the Tesco maxim: "Every little helps!" :anerikke:

Arthur Little
29th May 2012, 15:42
Bangus in Tesco :cwm24: ... bogus bangus?

Arthur Little
29th May 2012, 15:51

:Erm: ... zat your husband cradling a bangus in the crook of his right arm? :yeahthat:

Moy
29th May 2012, 16:21
I don't think Gordon Ramsay is in a position to say much right now, or if he is then he is :censored: :censored: :censored: in hospital right now after a late tackle from Teddy Sheringham....:icon_lol:
well if thats a case he wont be worthy to be called the top famous mission star chef then:omg::icon_lol: its a soldier you should be able to find a away to make your stuff no matter what takes:yikes::action-smiley-081::laugher:

Moy
29th May 2012, 16:22
... zat your husband cradling a bangus in the crook of his right arm?

:icon_lol::yikes:

lastlid
29th May 2012, 16:35
"The biennial Soccer Aid match benefiting UNICEF was once again held at Old Trafford on Sunday, pitting England against the Rest of the World. As usual, both teams were comprised of a mix of celebrities and football legends, but this year one of those celebrities probably regretted stepping on the pitch with one of those legends.
Playing for the Rest of the World team along with the likes of Will Ferrell, Gerard Butler, Mike Myers, Ed Norton and Woody Harrelson (who scored the winning penalty two years ago) under recently sacked Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish (see full rosters here), chef and profanity connoisseur Gordon Ramsay was taken off on a stretcher an hour into the game after former Manchester United striker Teddy Sheringham smashed into him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/gordon-ramsey-taken-off-stretcher-getting-flattened-teddy-223435967.html

grahamw48
29th May 2012, 18:51
I watched it, and have to say it was as good as any soccer match I've ever seen as regards entertainment and yes, skills too....kept me glued to the telly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

All in aid of a great cause.

lastlid
29th May 2012, 18:53
Just bought one sea bream, for Mrs Lastlid, this time at 2 quid a piece - special offer.

lastlid
29th May 2012, 18:55
I watched it, and have to say it was as good as any soccer match I've ever seen as regards entertainment and yes, skills too....kept me glued to the telly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

All in aid of a great cause.

That lead guitarist from Kasabian certainly chipped Seaman well. And the JLS singer was quite good on the wing...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
29th May 2012, 19:28
And our new chunky Robbie. :)

Pity Rod Stewart is too old now.:cwm3:

gWaPito
30th May 2012, 15:25
Ive never come across milk fish at our tesco but, whole red tilapia is the norm going for £ 4...well worth the extra as opposed to paying less at the local Thai shop for a frozen one.

grahamw48
30th May 2012, 15:32
Crikey, at those prices I might start rearing the things. :Erm: