PDA

View Full Version : leave to remain in uk visa

michael
10th July 2007, 17:48
hi all,

my wife was given a 2years LTR VISA last december 2005 after we get married, i just wanted to know when she gonna apply for her ILR VISA,i beleive a month before her 2years with LTR and also what are the requirments for her ILR.i need your advice pls.

thank you very much

michael

andypaul
10th July 2007, 21:02
If you search using the term ilr you will find a few threads with lots of information on this subject.

Basically you need to dounload the latest set(m) application form which you need to fill in, you can either send that and your evidence in the post or book an appoiment to go to a peo and hand in the form and evidence in person. It costs more at 950 pounds as opposed to 750 pounds by mail.

You will need 20 pieces of evidence (letters and bills) proving that you have both been leaving at the same address over the last two years or so from at least 5 different sources.

I would advise you start researching and compiling everything as soon as possible.

michael
10th July 2007, 21:33
hi andypaul,

Thank you very much for your reply,yes weve been both leaving together at the same address,is it 10evidence each year?when shes allowed to apply for her ILR?on her 23 moths?

thank you very much

michael

andypaul
10th July 2007, 23:03
You need 5 indivual sources of evidence (council tax,elec,bank etc) if my memory serves me correct but 20 in total.

So some can be the same ie bank statments thoughout the 2 years, elec bill though out the 2 years and so on.

LadyJ
11th July 2007, 08:32
Download this SET M form and notes, you will find all the requirements there. You need to post her application within 28days before her visa expired.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/applicationforms/