PDA

View Full Version : Native Adobo

lastlid
29th May 2012, 21:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweQH8EyevM

RickyR
29th May 2012, 23:56
Interesting recipe. I like to make it with Kikkoman Soy Sauce, White Vinegar, a dash of Malt Vinegar, lime, pork (or chicken to be healthy) and potato and a few bay leaves, garlic and black pepper. Seems to taste nice :-)

Pork or Chicken
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
White Vinegar
Malt Vinegar (optional)
Potato, chopped into small pieces (optional)
Bay Leaves
Garlic
Black Pepper.

The traditional recipe seems to like them to cook it until there is pretty much no sauce left, but I like a little bit to spread into the rice. I think in the video she mentions someone trying it with English Vinegar, which I presume she means Malt Vinegar. All the Filipino's I've cooked it for have loved it with Malt Vinegar.

chippy
13th June 2012, 20:11
I like pork Adobo with pineapple in it lovely had it when i went to Boho went to chocolate hills and all round the island then the river trip to the water falls thats where i eat it but have never had it so good again.

WhiteBloodAda
23rd June 2012, 13:11
I finally had success cooking chicken adobo the other night. Other attempts were either too salty, sweet, or vinegary. Someone mentioned about pineapple in it aswell, so tonight I have left over chicken adobo, and some pineapple to go with it :D

lastlid
23rd June 2012, 14:31
I finally had success cooking chicken adobo the other night. Other attempts were either too salty, sweet, or vinegary. Someone mentioned about pineapple in it aswell, so tonight I have left over chicken adobo, and some pineapple to go with it :D

Its often better on the 2nd day. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

WhiteBloodAda
23rd June 2012, 15:42
Already discovered that ;)

RickyR
23rd June 2012, 18:23
More vinegary and more salty, yum yum, and definately agree with the pinapple!

WhiteBloodAda
23rd June 2012, 22:40
Agree. The pineapple went down a treat tonight. Served in true English style though..... With chips!

RickyR
23rd June 2012, 23:10
haha never tried it with chips lol. Jasmine rice is the way forward, and cheap. :-)