PDA

View Full Version : Personal letter from damian green mp. Minister for immigration

sheldon1
30th May 2012, 13:19
Thank for your letter of 17th April, about the entry clearance requirements for partners and dependent children who wish to join a British citizen or a person who is setted in the uk.

I understand that you are anxious for your wife and two children to meet all the relevant requirements of the Immigration Rules in order to settle in the UK.

In order to qualify for entry clearance your wife and children would need to demonstrate they can be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. In order to help demonstrate this, i would recommend you provide evidence of your income and any savings over a six month period. Applications will not automatically be refused solely because the applicant has availed himself of an agreed overdraft facility.

If your children do not have British Passports, they too would need to demonstrate they can be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. With the information provided. I am not able to comment if your children would qualify for British Passports, they would need to to apply for entry clearance and there would be no restrictions with regards to public funds.
Last year the Government consulted on family migration, seeking views on how we can ensure that the family route is not abused,that we promote integration and that we reduce burdens on the taxpayer. The overall goal is better family migration: better migrants,communities,and the UK as a whole.
We will make an announcement on proposed changes,including any income thresholds to family migtation routes in due course. Full details will be available on the UK Border Website.
Damian Green MP.

That was a personal letter sent to me via my MP. Mr green avoided the actual question i put to him about changes to the income threshold changes. But hints he will make an announcement fairly soon.

Also i find quite interesting that he writes "APPLICANTS WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY BE REFUSED SOLELY BECAUSE THE APPLICANT HAS AVAILED HIMSELF OF AN AGREED OVERDRAFT FACILITY.

I hope this letter maybe useful to members.

SHELDON

joebloggs
30th May 2012, 13:33
good he replied Sheldon

agreed overdraft that is, still you want to minimize your risks of refusal.

he talks about 'recourse to public funds' if they are not british citizens, what he talking about they dont need to be british, infact they dont need to be your kids, as long as your their stepfather you have a right to claim what ever benefits your entitled to claim for them :angry:

:doh mis read part of your post, thats bringing them to the uk, got to work now :cwm24:

lastlid
30th May 2012, 14:54
Nice to see the response. And interesting about the overdraft...

lastlid
30th May 2012, 14:55
We will make an announcement on proposed changes,including any income thresholds to family migtation routes in due course. Full details will be available on the UK Border Website.
Damian Green MP.

It will no doubt be soon....

grahamw48
30th May 2012, 15:08
The usual meaningless tosh I'd have expected from the MP's assistant assistant assistant. :rolleyes:

Did you copy and paste the poor grammar and spelling too ? :Erm: (Apologies if they're yours).

They want reforms to encourage integration ?

Well TARGET the reforms at the correct people then !!!

We all know who they are, and they're NOT Filipinos. :angry:

Arthur Little
31st May 2012, 14:51
*poor grammar and spelling too ? :Erm:

:gp:, Graham! :yeahthat: ... + did you notice the number of times he's used the phrase "in order to ... "???

Arthur Little
31st May 2012, 15:35
:gp:, Graham! :yeahthat: ... + did you notice the number of times he's used the phrase "in order to ... "???

Three bloody times!!! :yeahthat: Once in his second paragraph ... and twice in his third.

That's from an Oxbridge graduate! :doh

Time he and his cohorts got THEIR "House" in order too!! ;)

grahamw48
31st May 2012, 17:35
Do you think for one moment that HE had any input to it ? :NoNo: