PDA

View Full Version : I know we can surpass this :)

ReemaOwens
30th May 2012, 15:34
just had a not so good today guys..we just found out today that there is some correction to our marriage certificate :( There is a middle name on my husbands name and his middle name there is the maiden name of his mother...It was really sad day knowing its another process again..Im really sad..i really want to be with him so much and miss him so much..but i need to be strong and dont give up..i know we can finish this soon..just thinking we will be together soon gives me so much hope and strength...

So tomorrow Im going to NSO to settle this and find solution...I just hope that everything is gonna be okay..:)

Love my hun sooo muchh...

ReemaOwens
30th May 2012, 15:35
*not so good news

grahamw48
30th May 2012, 19:42
Sorry to hear about this mix-up. :doh

That's why I always advise anyone sorting out their documentation to ensure that names are correct and consistent across all documents....because yes, I experienced a similar :censored:-up on my wedding day in Manila. :rolleyes:

Good luck in getting the situation resolved. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leen
31st May 2012, 01:40
im not so sure if you can use RA 9048 for correcting the details but i use that when i correct my place of birth in our MC.try to inquire at your local civil registrars office.still waiting for my annotated MC

ReemaOwens
31st May 2012, 06:19
Thank you guys for the advice :) i just went now this morning to the NSO. NSO said that there is no problem with our MC since it is in the Philippine law that we need to use the maiden name of our mother as a middle name even if he is a foreigner since the law that should be followed is ours. She told me that as long as the names are correct there is nothing to worry. I am really happy for this result :))))

melovesengland
31st May 2012, 06:46
Well Done!!! Im happy for you! cheers to that, eh?!! :Beer:

malditako
31st May 2012, 07:32
the name written on the married certificate should be exactly the same as the one written on the passport. My husband use his middle name not his mothers maiden name...if i were you you better check this matter to the embassy before applying.

Steve.r
31st May 2012, 08:47
I am with Grace, that doesn't sound right to me either. I think you spoke to someone who didn't know or was going by 'hear-say'
Please double check

ReemaOwens
31st May 2012, 09:28
really thank you for your advice i will still call the embassy about this matter :) and i will update you about it :)

grahamw48
31st May 2012, 10:06
the name written on the married certificate should be exactly the same as the one written on the passport. My husband use his middle name not his mothers maiden name...if i were you you better check this matter to the embassy before applying.

The husband of course doesn't need to adopt the Filipino way of putting his name on the MC, but uses his normal full British name (as on passport).

Only the Filipina may be required to do that.

Yes, best to contact the embassy/UKBA if you've any doubts, as it's the British who ultimately are issuing the visa.

Steve.r
31st May 2012, 10:14
I know that my full name is on our MC as written in my passort.

ReemaOwens
31st May 2012, 12:19
I know that my full name is on our MC as written in my passort.

Hello Steve..It is also the same my husband's full name is written on our MC (2 Given names) which is the same written in his passport. It's just that his middle name is his mother's maiden name same here in the Philippines..I already emailed the embassy and go back again to the NSO for some clarification regarding with this matter..Hope everything is gonna be fine..

malditako
31st May 2012, 18:38
Hello Steve..It is also the same my husband's full name is written on our MC (2 Given names) which is the same written in his passport. It's just that his middle name is his mother's maiden name same here in the Philippines..I already emailed the embassy and go back again to the NSO for some clarification regarding with this matter..Hope everything is gonna be fine..

just a personal observation here british dont normally have two given names...the second name is normally their middle name. correct me if i am wrong. Better check the embassy asap as it needs court hearing to amend name on MC