PDA

View Full Version : Passport and Visa going to the Philippines

Tiggers0608
4th June 2012, 12:42
Hi Everyone,

I just like to need some advice regarding passports because were travelling to phils this month ... I just renew my phil passports and now holding a new chip phil passport but my ILR was on the old passport do I have to bring both when I'm travelling? and the old one do I have to punch holes on it? :rolleyes:

second question is: My husband and daughter holds brit passports do we need to apply visa for them to stay in the phils for more than 21 days? :Erm:

thanks and hope to hear from you guys xx

have a great week :xxgrinning--00xx3:

BoholoX
4th June 2012, 14:03
Hi Tiggers

Cant help on the ILR but I'm pretty sure if you do a search on here that someone has been through the same situation.

Yes, your husband and daughter will at some point either before they travel, upon arrival or at a Bureau of Immigration office after about 19 days will need to extend from 21 days to 59 days. I think the cost will be around P3000 each. Anything over 59 days gets messy and expensive. Hopefully the 30 day visa rumoured to be imminent will be launched soon.

joebloggs
4th June 2012, 14:10
yes you need both when you travel, UKBA need to see your ILR visa to let you back in :D the embassy should have hole punched your old one, did you not send it when you applied for a new one :Erm: i dont suppose it matters, its just to make it obvious its an old passport.

grahamw48
4th June 2012, 15:15
Yes, take both old and new passports (old one is only needed for getting back into UK).

Your husband and child should both qualify for Balikbayan status (up to 1 year visa-free stay) if you all arrive on the same flight.

Remember to ask for it when you get to the immigration desk upon arrival in Manila. Better take your marriage cert and the child's birth cert too, as proof.

The immigration officer will then then stamp each of their passports (CHECK the stamp is there before you leave the immigration area) and visa worries and expense over. :)

I have done this several times.