PDA

View Full Version : certificate of no impediment

maccauk11
6th June 2012, 14:25
Hi

I have got my certificate of no ipedament to marry from the UK. We have an appointment on the 2nd July at the British Embassy in Manila to exchange it for a local one. We intend to marry in the Philippines in july. We are still a little confused about one or two things. THere is a form of notice to marry which has to be posted to the British embassy three weeks before the appiontment. It asks for the date and location. My confusion is that we cannot give a date because the local municipal say we cannot book until we have the cni from the embassy ten days after the appointment. SO how can i post a date and place if we cannot book until after the appointment.

lastlid
6th June 2012, 15:10
We didn't need to give such notice to marry. I simply took my CNI to the Philippines and exchanged it at the embassy for a local CNI. Then got married a few days later. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The notice was in the waiting for the UK CNI.

maccauk11
6th June 2012, 15:17
Hi

Thanks for the reply.Did you have to wait ten days after the appointment

Terpe
6th June 2012, 15:26
Hi

I have got my certificate of no ipedament to marry from the UK. We have an appointment on the 2nd July at the British Embassy in Manila to exchange it for a local one. We intend to marry in the Philippines in july. We are still a little confused about one or two things. THere is a form of notice to marry which has to be posted to the British embassy three weeks before the appiontment. It asks for the date and location. My confusion is that we cannot give a date because the local municipal say we cannot book until we have the cni from the embassy ten days after the appointment. SO how can i post a date and place if we cannot book until after the appointment.

Here is some useful general information about overseas marriages and civil partnerships (http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/your-trip/overseas-weddings)

and some CNI information here including the British Embassy appointment system and how to apply

CNI information here (http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-to-apply-for-a-cni)

Lastlid is correct in that the UK CNI process has already included the 3 weeks notice of the wedding (marriage banns)
You only need to go through that process with the British Embassy if you do not have a valid UK issued CNI.

You need only make an appointment for issue of "local CNI"
I think that these days you also need to have an NSO CENOMAR.

Hope this helps

maccauk11
6th June 2012, 15:32
yes we have an appointment on the 2nd of July in Manila. Does it take ten days to get the local cni .So when is it safe to make arrangements or should we wait until we get the local cni

Terpe
6th June 2012, 15:38
yes we have an appointment on the 2nd of July in Manila. Does it take ten days to get the local cni .So when is it safe to make arrangements or should we wait until we get the local cni

You need an appointment with the British Embassy to get the local CNI
Present the UK document to the British Embassy in the Philippines to be issued a Philippine version called a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry.
This certificate is needed for the application of a marriage license.

This needs to be done online. Better to arrange and fix the appoinment before you leave UK. That way you can save valuable time

Apply for the marriage licence in your fiancée's home town at the registry office. (or locality of where marriage will take place)
You might also be requested to attend the "Pre-Marriage Seminar" counselling sessions prior to being allowed to be married. Check and ask when you apply for the marriage license

After you apply for the license there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period while the marriage banns are published

To apply for the Marriage License you should consider having the following:-

Your birth certificate
Your passport
Your C.N.I.
Your NSO CENOMAR (if needed, please check well beforehand)
Your Divorce decree asbsolute (if applicable)

Certificate of 'Pre-Marriage Seminar' (if needed, please check well beforehand)

Her N.S.O. birth certificate (This should be fresh from NSO on latest type of security paper. Check)
Her Passport (or other appropriate ID)
Her Barangay clearance (if needed, please check well beforehand)
Her community tax certificate (often called Cedula)
Her postal I.D. Address
Her cenomar
Her Parents signed advice form (for under 25 years)
Her Parents I.D.

lastlid
6th June 2012, 15:41
It took us 10 days after the wedding ceremony to be declared officially married. Got married in Manila BTW. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
6th June 2012, 15:54
You say your marrying in the phils but we need to know where.. If it is not in manila you have got some planning to do. Like the guys have said you dont have to give any dates to the embassy. I think you are getting confused with getting the cni. The intention of marriage will go up on the board in your local registry office for 3 weeks before you get your cni which you have already got.

BoholoX
6th June 2012, 16:36
Just a quick heads up

when we applied for my son's RP passport my wife was told that the Postal ID is no longer valid as a form of identification, favourites now are government issued passport and driving licence with picture.

maccauk11
21st July 2012, 16:31
Hi

Thanks for the info. I got the British Embassy CNI in Manila and we got married on July17th 2012.

lastlid
21st July 2012, 16:35
Hi

Thanks for the info. I got the British Embassy CNI in Manila and we got married on July17th 2012.:xxgrinning--00xx3: