PDA

View Full Version : What does "ECO" stand for?

benjy
9th June 2012, 18:09
sorry i have tried googling ECO but cant seem to find what the abbreviation means? sorry i guess you have all had this before!:doh

joebloggs
9th June 2012, 18:18
Entry clearance officer they work for the embassy.

Arthur Little
9th June 2012, 18:44
High time the UKBA recruited an "army" comprising ANOTHER kind of ECO ... 'Exit Clearup Officers' tasked with rounding up illegal scum for deportation! :Bolt:

lastlid
9th June 2012, 18:51
Short for "dunderhead" at times. :D

malchard888
9th June 2012, 20:38
High time the UKBA recruited an "army" comprising ANOTHER kind of ECO ... 'Exit Clearup Officers' tasked with rounding up illegal scum for deportation! :Bolt:

I like your thinking Arthur but the illegals human rights far outweigh those legally trying to come here for sure :cwm23:

benjy
9th June 2012, 23:12
thanks for clearing that up! just trying to compile my docs. for my meeting with my local MP.......

deeen
10th June 2012, 07:59
Everybody chucked out ???

grahamw48
10th June 2012, 09:55
Most of the Embassy staff are locals of course. :rolleyes:

Terpe
10th June 2012, 11:27
Most of the Embassy staff are locals of course. :rolleyes:

Yep, almost all the ECO's are Filipina.

lastlid
10th June 2012, 11:33
Yep, almost all the ECO's are Filipina.

Which means that the visa fee goes a lot further than if they were British, I imagine.

I seem to recall an applicant (Big Marco maybe?) whos visa was refused on an issue to do with UK divorce and it seemed obvious that the ECO didnt understand UK divorce - something like that. Under that kind of circumstance one feels that it would be better if the ECO was from the UK. Maybe not Big Marco but it wasnt so long ago.

grahamw48
10th June 2012, 13:33
and it seemed obvious that the ECO didnt understand UK divorce - something like that. Under that kind of circumstance one feels that it would be better if the ECO was from the UK.

Of course...in fact OBVIOUSLY, but that would be more expensive for the Foreign Office. :rolleyes:

The needs of British citizens abroad come well down the list of British government budgetary priorities.

It is evidently considered more important to give :censored:hole terrorist-harbouring nations like Pakistan nearly a billion a year in aid out of our taxes instead, and to fawn all over their immigrants resident here. :NoNo:

hawk
10th June 2012, 19:34
it should be eecoh instead of eco every euopeen criminals over here :laugher: