PDA

View Full Version : New one to know more about west

Rochele
10th June 2012, 09:16
Hi, im newhere with this forum.. I am nowtlking with oneIrish guy andwould like to know more about their personalities for me to understandhis gestures andwords etc..I hope this forum might help me regarding on this.

Terpe
10th June 2012, 09:22
Hi, im new here with this forum.. I am now talking with one Irish guy and would like to know more about their personalities for me to understand his gestures and words etc.. I hope this forum might help me regarding on this.

:Hellooo: Hi Rochele, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Miss Taurus
10th June 2012, 10:41
Hello rochele:Wave: welcome to the friendly forum:Wave::Hellooo:

Steve.r
10th June 2012, 10:55
Welcome to the forum Rochele,

Unfortunately, understanding someone's personality only comes with time and interacting with then more. I don't think it depends on where you are from. Just like making a friend back home in Phils, you don't show all your cards on the first meeting. Take your time and make a friend first. On understanding what he says....I always find the little differences real fun.. my wife still confuses me sometimes :icon_lol:

Good luck :)

Eyes O'Donnell
10th June 2012, 12:35
:meet-1: Welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
10th June 2012, 20:20
Hi, im newhere with this forum.. I am nowtlking with oneIrish guy andwould like to know more about their personalities for me to understandhis gestures andwords etc..I hope this forum might help me regarding on this.

Rochele ... just as one culture differs from another to a greater or lesser extent - so, too, each person has his/her own idiosyncracies - no two people are exactly alike in every respect. :NoNo:

Mutual understanding between individuals is an 'ideal' that needs to be developed gradually :rolleyes: ... initially through social interaction in the form of acquaintance and/or attraction (not necessarily in that order!) followed - most importantly - by friendship and [hopefully] love of the significant other(s) ... achievable only, in the fullness of time. ;)

:welcomex: from me ... and all the best with your burgeoning online relationship. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
11th June 2012, 08:00
Hi Rochele and welcome to our forum :Hellooo:

deeen
11th June 2012, 13:51
Hi Rochele, good luck with your relationship.

My first thought about your question...

If he is Irish, maybe his voice will have a strong accent, and it will be difficult to understand his words.

You could research British English - I think Irish English is developed from British English more while Filipino English is developed from American (USA) English.

I have not been to Ireland for a few years so i don't want to give bad examples...

But if he says chips, he means fries, and if he says crisps, he means chips, for example.

Of course, every Irish person is different, same as every Filipino...
Do you have more specific questions? Might be easier to help more.