PDA

View Full Version : OT: Tripadvisor

RickyR
13th June 2012, 12:09
Does anyone here use Tripadvisor for helping choose hotels and restaurants.
I regularly use it, and also post quite a few reviews.
I have to laugh though at some.

I was reading some today about the Disneyland Hotel in Hong Kong, and read three seperate posts from people complaining about 'too many children', I had to wonder what on earth they expected at disneyland.

Then when i'm here in Europe, I regularly read reviews from Yanks and Brits complaining that the staff 'Didn't even speak English', erm hold on we're in Spain/France/Italy/Croatia, what do you expect?

Always fun to read some of the ridiculous reviews and posts from people; also read one where someone complained that that Steak Tartar was served raw when they explicitily wanted it well done.......

On the whole you tend to get a good feeling for a place once you've read a few reviews, as long as you can look through some of the ridiculous one.

I had a bit of an issue with a restaurant owner recently after I reviewed, who sent me a snotagram e-mail complaining that I was too harsh... oops.

Terpe
13th June 2012, 13:35
I do quite often read the reviews. Just to try and get a brief idea of what people think to be good or not so good.

You're right Ricky, sometimes it's funny what people take the time to write. If only they'd read it back to themselves before pressing "send".

Had to laugh about too many children in Disneyland though :icon_lol:

benjy
13th June 2012, 13:47
beggars belief, sometimes doesn't it!:doh made me smile reading it though:D

Dedworth
13th June 2012, 16:14
I like reading the TripAdvisor reports after watching TV programmes like The Hotel Inspector and Three in a Bed.

raynaputi
13th June 2012, 16:32
I do quite often read the reviews. Just to try and get a brief idea of what people think to be good or not so good.

You're right Ricky, sometimes it's funny what people take the time to write. If only they'd read it back to themselves before pressing "send".

Yeah, I do that too..go to Tripadvisor just to have an idea about hotels (especially looking at photos taken by hotel guests). It helps although it's up to you really if you would stay at the hotel just because of the reviews..:D

Arthur Little
13th June 2012, 17:25

:crazy: ... disnae make sense!

grahamw48
13th June 2012, 17:46
I don't bother with any of that stuff and all the comments by fusspotty fusspots.

As long as it's cheap enough, door can be locked and not too many cockroaches in bed with me...fine. :D

deeen
13th June 2012, 22:46
I find the forums more useful than the reviews - I never know if it is a friend of the manager has posted a good reviw, or a rival establishment has posted a bad one.