PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP...advice much appreciated

LeoLady
13th June 2012, 19:27
hello everyone. i need an advice regarding this matter.

i currently holding leave to remain visa and wanted to study here in Scotland off course without asking help from public fund, because it is restriction for the said visa.
the course it cost £1008 for 1 years

My question is, why would the college associate me as a international student and the course 4 times higher than the said amount?

i don't understand. i wasn't here as a student visa. i'm here as a spouse visa

thanks to all

joebloggs
13th June 2012, 19:44
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_sheets/tuition_fees_scotland.php#home_overseas

CATEGORY 1:
Those who are 'settled' in the UK and meet the main residence requirements

In order to qualify for ‘home’ fees under this category, you must meet all of the following criteria:

(a) you must be 'settled' in the UK [see Box 1] on 1 August, 1 January, 1 April or 1 July closest to the beginning of the first term of the first year of your course
AND

(b) you must also have been 'ordinarily resident' [see Box 2] in the UK and Islands (the Islands means the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) for the full three year period before the date in (a) above. For example, if your course began in September 2011, the date in (a) above will be 1 August 2011 and you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands from 1 August 2008 to 31 July 2011.

AND

(c) the main purpose for your residence in the UK and islands must not have been to receive full-time education during any part of that three-year period.

NOTE: It is not necessary to have had 'settled' immigration status in the UK [see Box 1] for three years.

LeoLady
13th June 2012, 19:46
thank you very very much for you respond joebloggs.

joebloggs
13th June 2012, 19:56
thank you very very much for you respond joebloggs.

for most people that means you needed to have ILR for at least 1yr to get local fees, not sure about fiancee visa, maybe only need ILR for only 6months, would need to check.

put in simple terms you needed to have been in the UK 3yrs and you need to have ILR before your term starts