PDA

View Full Version : Cross country wedding plans

fiasco1114
16th June 2012, 09:58
Good day to all members of this forum. I have been a consistent visitor to this forum for quite some time now, as a matter of fact, it was on here that I seeked guidance whilst I was gethering my documents to secure a visitor visa some time last year. Thanks to this forum, I was able to get my papers in order and secured the visa within 2 days of submitting it.

Suffice to say, I was able to visit the UK twice within the 6 month validity of the visa. Although my partner and I have known each other for over 4 years now...the trips I made have convinced us both that "us" together was it. We got engaged and as expected, I returned to Manila to deal with getting the paperwork ready to secure a visa.

We are taking the fiancee visa route coz we both agreed that the next time we're together, we don't want to deal with having to say goodbye again...as will be the case if we went the spouse visa route. May I know how to go about planning a civil ceremony there, if I am here in Manila? Or will I have enough time (assuming I get granted a fiancee visa) to plan our ceremony when I get to the UK? I have read about the 15 day residency requirement before visiting the registry office to personally file the notice...are registry office weddings difficult to schedule?

I have read a number of UK sites about this, but would appreciate if anyone can speak from experience...my fiancee can do the legwork if needed whilst I am still here...but as much as possible, I do not want to trouble him with this anymore than necessary.

Again, thank you in advance and I am looking forward to learning more tips from this forum! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
16th June 2012, 10:15
If you are granted a fiancée visa, it is valid for 6 months, plenty of time to make wedding arrangements. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
16th June 2012, 10:47
Welcome to the forum. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, things move a little more efficiently and quickly here in the UK...just costs more. :)