PDA

View Full Version : TLS contacts

stevewool
17th June 2012, 12:05
anyone heard or have used these, it seems you have to go through them instead of the embasseys now for your shengen visa

jlags90
17th June 2012, 13:13
it seems TLS acts like VFS in the Philippines ... this is where you need to enter your details so they will be able to tell you what is the most appropriate visa to apply for in order to enter schengen territories. Are you going to get a visa for your wife Stevewool?

stevewool
17th June 2012, 13:36
seems like they are acting for every embassey now, yes i would like to take ems on holiday in europe so she needs the shengen visa

Terpe
17th June 2012, 13:55
seems like they are acting for every embassey now, yes i would like to take ems on holiday in europe so she needs the shengen visa

Technically you don't not need to go through TLS nor do you need to pay anyone for the visa. You are eligible to apply directly to the embassy provided you will be travelling together.
If you decide to apply via TLS then that's your choice and you will need to stump up for any fees/charges etc.

Any Embassy/Consulate that try tricking people into paying an agency for a COMPULSORILY FREE schengen visa for the spouse of an EU citizen is technically breaking EU law, if that spouse is travelling with an EU citizen.

The latest harmonised form is here (http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/application_form_english.pdf)

Look for the questions marked "*" and read the notes at the bottom of page 1

stevewool
17th June 2012, 14:00
thanks peter, when you log onto the embassey site and then onto shengen visa, they say there is a agency acting for them you have to go down this line

jlags90
17th June 2012, 14:10
Technically you don't not need to go through TLS nor do you need to pay anyone for the visa. You are eligible to apply directly to the embassy provided you will be travelling together.
If you decide to apply via TLS then that's your choice and you will need to stump up for any fees/charges etc.

Any Embassy/Consulate that try tricking people into paying an agency for a COMPULSORILY FREE schengen visa for the spouse of an EU citizen is technically
breaking EU law, if that spouse is travelling with an EU citizen.

The latest harmonised form is here (http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/application_form_english.pdf)

Look for the questions marked "*" and read the notes at the bottom of page 1

This is a very plausible post Terpe. My fiance and I have been talking about an easy way to travel in Schengen territories.:Jump:

Would need to print your post, so I can convince him to marry me as soon as possible coz it would mean travelling can also happen sooner... lol...:crazy:

Terpe
17th June 2012, 17:08
thanks peter, when you log onto the embassey site and then onto shengen visa, they say there is a agency acting for them you have to go down this line

3.1. Visa Fee
No visa fee can be charged.
3.2. Service fee in case of outsourcing of the collection of applications
As family members should not pay any fee when submitting the application, they cannot be
obliged to obtain an appointment via a premium call line or via an external provider whose
services are charged to the applicant. Family members must be allowed to lodge their
application directly at the consulate without any costs. However, if family members decide
not to make use of their right to lodge their application directly at the consulate but to use the
extra services, they should pay for these services.
If an appointment system is nevertheless in place, separate call lines (at ordinary local tariff)
to the consulate should be put at the disposal of family members respecting comparable
standards to those of "premium lines", i.e. the availability of such lines should be of standards
comparable to those in place for other categories of applicants and an appointment must be
allocated without delay.
3.3. Granting every facility
Member States shall grant third country family members of EU citizens falling under the
Directive every facility to obtain the necessary visa. This notion must be interpreted as
ensuring that Member States take all appropriate measures to ensure fulfilment of the
obligations arising out of the right of free movement and afford to such visa applicants the
best conditions to obtain the entry visa.
3.4. Processing time
The visas must be issued as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure and
the procedures put in place by Member States (with or without outsourcing) must allow to
distinguish between the rights of a third country national who is a family member of an EU
citizen and other third country nationals. The former must be treated more favourably than the
latter.

Sourced from the Schengen Visa Handbook (http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/policies/borders/docs/c_2010_1620_en.pdf) page 92

Living in Derbyshire you will need to apply at Manchester. Here are the details:-

Spanish Embassy Manchester
1A Brook House
70 Spring Gardens
Manchester M2 2BQ
Tel: 016 1236 1233 / 0161 236 1262
Fax: 0161 228 7467
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

Here are the details for the Visa Office in London:-

The Spanish Visa Office
20 Draycott Place
London SW3 2RZ.
Tel: 020 7589 8989
Fax: 020 7581 7888
Opening Times 9.30am-12.00noon Monday-Friday
Nearest Tube: Sloane Square

Here are the details for the main Embassy:-

The Spanish Embassy in London
39 Chesham Place
London SW1X 8SB.
Tel: 020 7235 5555
Fax: 020 7259 5392
Nearest Tube: Sloane Square

I would contact them directly and state what you want and what they must do in accordance with EU rules.