PDA

View Full Version : MP's vote for deporting foreign criminals

Dedworth
20th June 2012, 08:36
In a landmark vote, MPs last night ordered judges to stop granting foreign rapists and killers a ‘human right’ to stay in Britain.

The motion – the first of its kind – was passed after the Commons heard the horrifying scale of the way overseas convicts are abusing Labour’s controversial Human Rights Act.

According to Home Office figures, 1,888 overseas offenders played the legal system by lodging appeals under the legislation last year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161912/Stop-giving-foreign-criminals-right-stay-UK-say-MPs-following-landmark-vote.html#ixzz1yJh85wo7

I'll only believe it when it happens. Hopefully the names of the limp wristed treasonous scum who voted in favour of letting them stay is are publicly available.

hawk
20th June 2012, 09:16
the faster they get rid the better stuff the human rights they gave then up the minute they commited a crime deport the lot :xxaction-smiley-047

Terpe
20th June 2012, 09:20
Mrs May said that if judges ignored the guidelines, she was prepared to legislate.

Good, without clear firm legislation these judges will do nothing.

The rules, which will be implemented within weeks, say anyone from outside the European Economic Area who is jailed for at least four years should ‘almost always’ face deportation.

But what about those from within the European Economic Area :doh

Dedworth
20th June 2012, 09:37
Mrs May said that if judges ignored the guidelines, she was prepared to legislate.
Good, without clear firm legislation these judges will do nothing.

Very vague and wishy washy - should be "as soon as a Judge ignores these guidelines I will legislate"

But what about those from within the European Economic Area :doh

Still up the creek there until we front up to EU Human Rights Court, ignore them and deport the scumbags

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9282680/Serious-criminals-cannot-hide-behind-EU-deportation-rules-judges-conclude.html

joebloggs
20th June 2012, 10:57
Last month, David Cameron promised to defy Strasbourg’s attack on British sovereignty over the ban on prisoner votes.

MPs had previously voted by a 234 to 22 majority to keep it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161912/Stop-giving-foreign-criminals-right-stay-UK-say-MPs-following-landmark-vote.html#ixzz1yKGR0ym1

who the :censored: lets a court in another country tell the courts and gov here what it can and can not do :NoNo:

Arthur Little
20th June 2012, 11:27
:anerikke: ... well ... it would certainly be a step in the right direction towards easing the burden of overpopulation if Judges were to be invested with the authority to deport foreign criminals - INCLUDING those from the European Union.

bigmarco
21st June 2012, 08:47
I dont think the Judiciary like to be dictated to by MP's . She should therefore start the process of legislation immediately.

Dedworth
21st June 2012, 10:13
I dont think the Judiciary like to be dictated to by MP's . She should therefore start the process of legislation immediately.

Quite right