PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding tenancy agreement

manilabong
21st June 2012, 21:36
My husband and his landlord went to a solicitor to have the tenancy agreement certified, however, they were told that it was to be submitted first to the inland revenue and it'll take a couple of days to be passed to another agency and after that, that's when it'll be given to him? I don't understand. :doh

hawk
21st June 2012, 21:53
cant see why you need to do that if your got agreement from landlord and letter from him saying its ok for you to move in then i cant understand you need this to be sent to inland revenue all i sent to them was a letter and they didnt say anything about it

lastlid
21st June 2012, 21:57
You only need to submit the letter from the landlord along with the tenancy agreement, duly signed. No need for any validation / notarisation / verification. No doubt the tenancy agreement will be signed by a witness in addition to the Landlords signature.

manilabong
21st June 2012, 22:09
Sorry. I guess I said it wrong but here's the scenario:

My husband lives with a friend that's why a tenancy agreement doesn't exist. He just pays him every month and that's it. No contract, whatsoever. Now, I stumbled upon this thread:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/32089-question-regarding-tenancy-agreement..DOWNLOADED?highlight=tenancy+agreement

and this:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/33980-worried-with-the-accommodation-evidence?highlight=tenancy+agreement

So,now, I'm wondering what the best option is. And given my husband's situation, his friend, the owner of the house went to a solicitor and that's what the solicitor told them that it has to be submitted to the inland revenue etc etc

hawk
22nd June 2012, 08:24
still just get a letter from his friend/landlord saying about arrangement and what he pays that should be ok

manilabong
22nd June 2012, 09:42
still just get a letter from his friend/landlord saying about arrangement and what he pays that should be ok

Will it be acceptable if we do NOT submit a tenancy agreement since one doesn't exist but just a detailed letter from his friend about the situation?