PDA

View Full Version : I'm in complete darkness over my future with my Filipina GF and our upcoming marriage

Jack1969_uk
25th June 2012, 17:50
I met a lovely lady named Beatriz here in London in August 2011 and we are very much in love and we will be married on July 26th 2012 here in West London.
Now comes the difficulty she is on student visa and it runs out in Jan 2013 I have recently been made redundant and I,m having to claim benefits which I,m really worried will affect our application for FLR after the weddding.
Will she be refused FLR will she be sent back to Philippines?
I am at my wits end the thought of losing her over this immigration system we have in this country is driving me into depression and I dont want to let her see me like this.
She is the most wonderful lady I have ever known she is kind,considerate very loving in nature and very hardworking.
My fear is that If I apply FLR she will be refused on the grounds of me being on benefit and her only been able to work 10hrs a week due to new immigration rules.
I spoke the jobcentre and they said even if we are married I could still carry on my claim till FLR is granted but I fear that I will lose out to Home Office rulings.

any advice would be appreciated

regards

Jack

grahamw48
25th June 2012, 19:38
Sorry to hear about your predicament, but it sounds like the best way to sort out the situation and the worry of it is for you to find work, whatever sacrifices that may entail...moving home or whatever.

You'll have some big bills coming along in the near future relating to the marriage, visa costs etc.

I'm sure she's worth the effort to you . :)

Jack1969_uk
25th June 2012, 20:44
Thanks Graham but like many other unemployed its a big problem and I,m searching and sending off CV,S daily but to no avail.
I would even move home or country to find work.

bigmarco
25th June 2012, 20:52
Perhaps now is not the time to be choosy. Your lucky enough to be in London and I'd be tempted to take the first reasonably paid job that comes along. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Good luck in your search :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th June 2012, 21:27
I met a lovely lady named Beatriz here in London in August 2011 and we are very much in love and we will be married on July 26th 2012 here in West London.
Now comes the difficulty she is on student visa and it runs out in Jan 2013 I have recently been made redundant and I,m having to claim benefits which I,m really worried will affect our application for FLR after the weddding.
Will she be refused FLR will she be sent back to Philippines?
I am at my wits end the thought of losing her over this immigration system we have in this country is driving me into depression and I dont want to let her see me like this.
She is the most wonderful lady I have ever known she is kind,considerate very loving in nature and very hardworking.
My fear is that If I apply FLR she will be refused on the grounds of me being on benefit and her only been able to work 10hrs a week due to new immigration rules.
I spoke the jobcentre and they said even if we are married I could still carry on my claim till FLR is granted but I fear that I will lose out to Home Office rulings.

any advice would be appreciated

regards

Jack

Hi Jack,
I wish you'd have posted this earlier.
Immigration rules will change on July 9th 2012 and will require the sponsor to earn a minimum annual amount of £18,600

Your finacee is fine to switch from student visa to settlement via FLR after marriage but you (the sponsor) will need to prove that you have that £18,600 income for the previous 6 months.
Straight from the top of my head and without any analysis, I think you cannot make it on the financial test.
I'm so very sorry to be that direct, but there's going to have to be some shift on planning.

Take a look at the threads on this topic and try to find some way "fill the gap" bewteen what UKBA demand after July 8th and your current situation.
In order for a "switch" to be accepted between student visa and settlement visa your fiancee will need to prove that she has been fully compliant with her current status.
That means compliant with course attendance and work time regulations. She can only help a small amount with finances.

Sadly you may need to delay the wedding plans.
I ask you and all members to put on their thinking caps for a solution.
Please do stay positive. Love and faith will always find a way.

Your immediate target is to find a job/or jobs that will bring in the required income to show that within the past 6 months you have been compliant.

stevewool
25th June 2012, 21:36
delay the wedding till you are back earning a wage, harsh i know, but you have to be earning money to support yourself and you lady, good luck

Jack1969_uk
26th June 2012, 08:19
My understanding is that a guy bringing in a prospective wife from Philippines as to prove the minimum earnings rule I was not aware that it was intended for someone marrying a Filipina who is already in country. When we booked the wedding it was not pointed out to us by the Registrar or we would have delayed the wedding.

Terpe
26th June 2012, 08:47
My understanding is that a guy bringing in a prospective wife from Philippines as to prove the minimum earnings rule I was not aware that it was intended for someone marrying a Filipina who is already in country. When we booked the wedding it was not pointed out to us by the Registrar or we would have delayed the wedding.

Jack, there are threads on the forum that contain all the information you need. A quick search will reveal them for you.
Take a look at the UKBA website and review the news pages and Statement of Intent.

the changes that will be made, principally in respect of those of non-European Economic Area (non-EEA) nationality applying for leave to enter or remain in the UK

Jack1969_uk
26th June 2012, 21:03
Trying to bring wedding forward to pre 9th July see if that would make a difference if not seeking legal help

Jack1969_uk
12th July 2012, 17:58
Graham I secured work today with City Sprint Couriers and will start on 16/7/12 here at there Heathrow Base its initially 8 weeks work but could lead to permanent work from Sept so at the moment i,m very happy and so is Bea my Fiance soon to be wife. so hopefully onwards and upwards:Hellooo:

Dedworth
12th July 2012, 18:22
Graham I secured work today with City Sprint Couriers and will start on 16/7/12 here at there Heathrow Base its initially 8 weeks work but could lead to permanent work from Sept so at the moment i,m very happy and so is Bea my Fiance soon to be wife. so hopefully onwards and upwards:Hellooo:

Well done ! :appl:

You won't be covering much distance what with the M4 shut/falling apart and the upcoming London Olympic Gridlock, I'd buy some books to read in the cab !

songz777
12th July 2012, 18:30

Oh thats such good news!! I rejoice wtih you .. God bless.
John

grahamw48
12th July 2012, 18:57
Great news Jack !

Onwards and upwards. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jack1969_uk
12th July 2012, 21:21
Thanks John I really needed this with the wedding approaching thankfully I got that day off or I would have been in trouble. But really hope its a great start for both of us and hope to secure permanent employment with the company. Its self Employed but I,m looking at good start and moneys good too.

Jack1969_uk
12th July 2012, 21:23
Yeah I know Brentford Viaduct thankfully I,m doing Home counties route so no Olympic area work

Rory
12th July 2012, 22:00
Great news about finding a job. Just hope they keep you on after 8 weeks. :)

gWaPito
13th July 2012, 01:11

Good for you Jack....nothing like taking a proactive stance in your situation....all to easy to sit back and moan :NoNo:..bigmarco is right, living where you live coupled with being able bodied, there's many a job to be found.

I did some work as a motorcycle courier in the same great metropolis a few years back ...I didn't suffer with traffic :D...I earnt good money too but, you had to put the miles and hours in.

With the coming games you could well be on a good earner :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good Luck Jack :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Keep us posted.

bigmarco
13th July 2012, 02:39
Great news about the job Jack. Hopefully everything will fall into place now. Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jack1969_uk
13th July 2012, 15:32
Spoke with the Manager yesterday and he says theres new contracts coming in all the time so the work is there just a matter of contracting it out to Self Employed Couriers like myself. So hoping that when this initial contract ends in September that more work will come my way especially leading up towards Xmas time.

Dedworth
13th July 2012, 15:37
Spoke with the Manager yesterday and he says theres new contracts coming in all the time so the work is there just a matter of contracting it out to Self Employed Couriers like myself. So hoping that when this initial contract ends in September that more work will come my way especially leading up towards Xmas time.

Excellent I hope it all goes well Jack on both the work and immigration status fronts