PDA

View Full Version : Needing some advices please!

melovesengland
26th June 2012, 06:46
I have just arrived England and I want to know what to do next? :Erm: Will I register to a gp or any ideas what else to do guys? If there is a thread about my query then can you put us in the right direction,please! :) Many thanks! xxxx

I am a fiancée visa holder by the way. :Wave:

lastlid
26th June 2012, 06:55
One of the first things my wife did, apart from buying some warm clothes (jacket boots etc as it was October) was to register with a GP and open a bank account. Also got her name on the tenancy agreement as we rent. That took a few weeks to accomplish but worked okay in the end. Since them we have put her name on the electricity supplier account and I would imagine getting yourself on the council tax bill would be a good move for the purposes of ILR requirements.

lastlid
26th June 2012, 07:02
Obviously you will have your wedding and FLR to focus on too but here is a link from someone else posting on arrival on a Spouse visa.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/36913-Whats-next-in-line-after-arriving-in-UK

melovesengland
26th June 2012, 07:44
Thanks very much sir lastlid! I can now start searching and preparing. Thanks also for the link! Very much appreciated! Good morning! :Wave: