PDA

View Full Version : iphone deals

stevewool
27th June 2012, 21:02
whos got the iphone and at what deal, anyone has the new samsung, whats that like, a phones a phone to me but to Em its a new world of games:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:, do i shut up and say get your own contract or stick to my guns and get a good deal, well i think it is, but will my life be worth living:yikes:

lastlid
27th June 2012, 21:11
I have an iPhone 4. Sim free. Bought it about 18 months ago outright. Cant remember how much I paid for it now. Nice bit of kit. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
27th June 2012, 21:16
Steve..Steve.. Steve :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Is Emma putting the pressure on after seeing Temple Run on my phone :icon_lol::icon_lol:

-sillybilly-
27th June 2012, 21:18
Steve go get Emma an iphone 4sssssssssss, new contract on her name from the vodafone and she can have a 20% discount off the monthly tariff using my NHS badge. I still got 2 more allocations. i can give her my ID details when me meet up. She just have to fill in the details online no hassle like Dazza. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lastlid
27th June 2012, 21:18
Save a few bob by not buying the 4S

stevewool
27th June 2012, 21:22
kuripot, KURIPOT,KURIPOT, thats all i hear, save a few bob, but will it save my life

-sillybilly-
Save a few bob by not buying the 4S

But its nice to have Siri!:D:D

Ok i think its best to get the iphone4 and get the iphone5 next?:laugher:

stevewool
thats it, its all your fault:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

stevewool
27th June 2012, 21:23
Steve go get Emma an iphone 4sssssssssss, new contract on her name from the vodafone and she can have a 20% discount off the monthly tariff using my NHS badge. I still got 2 more allocations. i can give her my ID details when me meet up. She just have to fill in the details online no hassle like Dazza. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

a phone is a phone, i cant get that out of my head,

stevewool
27th June 2012, 21:24
Steve..Steve.. Steve :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Is Emma putting the pressure on after seeing Temple Run on my phone :icon_lol::icon_lol:

yes steve its all fault

lastlid
27th June 2012, 21:27
[QUOTE=-sillybilly-;370085]But its nice to have Siri!:D:D

I guess if you and the hubby have one each....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjIsnZLh2bI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRXA8zmJr8

stevewool
27th June 2012, 21:31
a iphone just to play bejeweled, crazy, plus i can see you when i call you, and that siri stuff, well who has turned that of already, untter crap, i say plus they say, kuripot steve:icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
27th June 2012, 21:33
iphone 4 is some 80 quid cheaper than the 4s

stevewool
27th June 2012, 22:06
iphone 4 is some 80 quid cheaper than the 4s

indeed but the s is better, thats what Em says, i am not a tight git just pratical i say

Steve.r
27th June 2012, 22:15
Like I said Sunday Steve, the 'i' is what you are paying for. Other phones are as good or better. Android systems I think aare better. The HTC Sensation XE like mine does everything an iphone does and half the price. Foot dowwn time. Tell Em' I can get Bejeweled on mine too.

lastlid
27th June 2012, 22:31
indeed but the s is better, thats what Em says, i am not a tight git just pratical i say

Is that so she can chat to it? :icon_lol:

lastlid
27th June 2012, 22:35
Like I said Sunday Steve, the 'i' is what you are paying for. Other phones are as good or better. Android systems I think aare better. The HTC Sensation XE like mine does everything an iphone does and half the price. Foot dowwn time. Tell Em' I can get Bejeweled on mine too.

But Em wont be best pleased with an Android....:icon_lol:

lastlid
27th June 2012, 22:41
"As a phone rather than a music player, the Sensation XE is great. The fast dual-core processor helps it speed along, and battery life is a reasonable seven hours and 20 minutes, which compares well with other Android smartphones but isn't a patch on the iPhone 4S's 12-hour life".

lastlid
27th June 2012, 22:49
"As we can see, in most categories, the HTC Sensation XE is the obvious winner. It doesn’t mean that the iPhone 4S is bad – on the contrary, it’s a very good smartphone, armed with many powerful features. If you’re interested in a more powerful and a more “musical” phone, the HTC Sensation XE should be your choice. And if you want a more stylish, Apple-branded phone, the iPhone 4S is what you need."

I think that's it. The iPhone has more style....you pay extra for that....

bigmarco
27th June 2012, 22:58
I have the IPhone 4s and its a great gadget. My only complaint is the battery life.

andy222
27th June 2012, 23:07
my Em has never asked for money when she was in the phils and never asked for it here too, but my god she wont shut up about the iphone5, but it falls on deaf ears.

Who said this not so long ago? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:.

Dedworth
28th June 2012, 00:09
In my book Apple = Mug Buy :D

lastlid
28th June 2012, 06:37

Same for me. I would rather have an Android and drive a Skoda. :D

Neu75
28th June 2012, 15:32

Are you buying one then :icon_lol:

lolowalsh
28th June 2012, 16:40
hello you can get some good deals on the net

try vodafone they have some good deals some of them are cheaper

my bf have recently an iphone 4s on contract and he pays arround 38 quid monthly .

for games i'm not that fan playing on phones , i have a ps vita and its a ps3 in your hand i bought it on amazon and it worth about 235 quid for wifi and 3G version , the 3g is a bit cheaper about 199 quid

Ann1984
28th June 2012, 17:22
hmmm iphone4s is good deal in www.three.co.uk try it steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
28th June 2012, 18:37
Apple products are great, but you pay a premium and they're a "closed shop". IMHO Android is much better.

I've got an HTC One S and I'm very impressed with it! It's slim, light, has a decent screen and loads of features. Also, I've got a really good deal. I pay £16 per month for 2 years, which includes unlimited data, 200 mins and 500 texts. I don't text much and use my work phone for calls, so the unlimited data is ideal for me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My wife has got an iphone, but she now wants one like mine!

lastlid
28th June 2012, 19:06
I tend to think that the iPhone 4 is more robust than the androids.....

stevewool
28th June 2012, 19:32
my bf have recently an iphone 4s on contract and he pays arround 38 quid monthly .

i dont spend that on food a week . so theres no chance of paying a contract

lastlid
28th June 2012, 19:36

i dont spend that on food a week . so theres no chance of paying a contract

Go for it Steve. You know Em will never give you peace until you get her the iphone....:icon_lol:

stevewool
28th June 2012, 19:39
i have inner peace, not a chance a iphone is coming here, unless its under£25 and Em pays half with no up front charge, we could do with a new laptop, so that comes first anyway

lastlid
28th June 2012, 19:40
whos got the iphone and at what deal, anyone has the new samsung, whats that like, a phones a phone to me but to Em its a new world of games:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:, do i shut up and say get your own contract or stick to my guns and get a good deal, well i think it is, but will my life be worth living:yikes:

i have inner peace, not a chance a iphone is coming here, unless its under£25 and Em pays half with no up front charge, we could do with a new laptop, so that comes first anyway

Even more of a u-turn than the Conservatives.....

But what about Ems tax refund? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th June 2012, 20:01
no u-turn here plus the tax refund is in the pot for the ilr

lastlid
28th June 2012, 21:43
Go for the iPhone Shuffle....they come in considerably cheaper... :D

bigmarco
28th June 2012, 21:51
Go for the iPhone Shuffle....they come in considerably cheaper... :D

Lastlid I'm sure the good woman would have a fit if Steve got the shuffle. They want what everyone else has got not something out of date.
I'm already receiving requests for an IPad .:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
28th June 2012, 21:55
Lastlid I'm sure the good woman would have a fit if Steve got the shuffle. They want what everyone else has got not something out of date.
I'm already receiving requests for an IPad .:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I got my wife an iPad when she arrived here. We had to get her something to keep in contact with home as she left her notebook with her mum. And she went for the iPad. Nice bit of kit too.

bigmarco
28th June 2012, 22:00
I got my wife an iPad when she arrived here. We had to get her something to keep in contact with home as she left her notebook with her mum. And she went for the iPad. Nice bit of kit too.

No doubt she will read this later on and say if Mrs Lastlid has got one then she should have one :icon_lol::icon_lol:

andy222
28th June 2012, 22:02
no u-turn here plus the tax refund is in the pot for the ilr

Oh dont be miserable steve make your wife happy.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
28th June 2012, 22:08

Or at least go for the iPhone Nano. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th June 2012, 22:11

theres being happy and being sensible, 2 years paying over £30 a month just to play games on, i dont think so,

bigmarco
28th June 2012, 22:13
:do_it:I'm sure Steve has a very happy wife but does he realise how much happier she would be with an IPhone 4s:do_it: Could be a good investment.:D

andy222
28th June 2012, 22:15
theres being happy and being sensible, 2 years paying over £30 a month just to play games on, i dont think so,

Poor em. Your a hard man steve.

stevewool
28th June 2012, 22:18
hahahhaha, talking, laughing and being together,keeps Em happy plus letting her use the laptop all the time helps,sorry i am just old school, just cant get my head round so much money for something that everyone seems to want,but its a phone,

lastlid
29th June 2012, 07:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwnsQpcNvpE

somebody
2nd July 2012, 18:54
The missus was mad keen on getting a Iphone then I said ok pop down the phone shops and check all the phones out, she went to the Vodafone shop which had not one Apple on demo but untold amounts of the Samsung s3 to use. Now she is of course a Pinay so hardly a big person so i thought she prefer the Iphone but after handling the S3 and realising how thin it is and how much bigger the screen is she is not saying she is not interested in a Iphone as they do look like a kids phone.
Using a diddy phone like that for Video watching or calling or of course for sat nav is not so good she has informed me. I am still encouraging her to play on both phones in the shops and on my nexus (same size) so she is sure she can use easily..

Plus you can watch a video while smsing or using other apps at the same time rather than jumping from one function to another. I mentioned the iphone next edition is out this autumn and looks like it will have a bigger screen due to the purchases of larger touch screens being bought out in asia but she seems to be S3 set now. Even peer power could not persuade her with many friends having Iphones in fact she said hmm they a bit common now :omg:

She also like many of her friends is keeping her Blackberry as her comms phone as it does what you really need from a phone ie calling people and communicating via various message services better than anything else on the market as a rule plus the battery life is days not possibly most of a day

Just saying im not in to Apple better than android arguments at first i wanted her on Apple even though i would never use one myself as they are more simple not many settings to fiddle with phones.

Only problem with the S3 is the touch whizz over the top of the ICS, the pure ICS or soon to be Jellybean looks awesome on the Galaxy Nexus.

Ps if your only getting 12 hours on your Iphone you must be using and abusing it lastlid :O I get 13 14 hours out of my Nexus as measured by carat when caining the phone and its functions easily more (a day and a bit) if i switch off the work email sync and go gentle:Rasp:

lastlid
2nd July 2012, 18:57
I popped into our local mobile phone shop a few days ago and looked at the latest Samsungs and the HTC but left thinking that there was no real weight to them. I know weight doesn't equal quality but the android phones feel so flimsy.

somebody
3rd July 2012, 22:24
I popped into our local mobile phone shop a few days ago and looked at the latest Samsungs and the HTC but left thinking that there was no real weight to them. I know weight doesn't equal quality but the android phones feel so flimsy.

It does work as they look like they should be much heavier but are featherlight and make them very comfortable mine gets thrown around (within reason) but stands up to it quite well and it being light is very good when running :D

But i know what you mean by weight my crackberry has a solid feel and chunky and feels like i could throw it at a tank and take it out :D

ConfusedMe
4th July 2012, 01:23
Made me chuckle when I read that Ems using your phone for games. I'm guilty for that as well... I am also looking for Iphone4 deals. I'm happy with Iphone4, I think it's good enough :)

Angel1403
4th July 2012, 21:11
Interesting debate....

I currently have the I Phone 4s, prior to that I had Galaxy S2, I Phone 4 and I Phone 3.

While the Galaxy S2 was a good phone, I prefered the usability of the I Phone. For me its easy to use without thinking "how do I"

My wife uses I Phone 4 and she pays her own contract:xxgrinning--00xx3:

She is still spoiled at times, as I am :D but likes to use her own money for things to.....thats why she works too ;)

I guess if your Em gets either the I Phone 4s or Galaxy S3 she will love whatever one get decides to get, as they are both great phones....For me the S3 is too big lol

Cheers :)

Made me chuckle when I read that Ems using your phone for games. I'm guilty for that as well... I am also looking for Iphone4 deals. I'm happy with Iphone4, I think it's good enough :)

lastlid
4th July 2012, 21:15
Interesting debate....

I currently have the I Phone 4s, prior to that I had Galaxy S2, I Phone 4 and I Phone 3.

While the Galaxy S2 was a good phone, I prefered the usability of the I Phone. For me its easy to use without thinking "how do I"

My wife uses I Phone 4 and she pays her own contract:xxgrinning--00xx3:

She is still spoiled at times, as I am :D but likes to use her own money for things to.....thats why she works too ;)

I guess if your Em gets either the I Phone 4s or Galaxy S3 she will love whatever one get decides to get, as they are both great phones....For me the S3 is too big lol

Cheers :)

Yep. A bit more intuitive to use. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th July 2012, 22:03
what about this for the deal i have got, if i go for it, iphone 4 all you can eat calls, text, and data, all for £26 a month, no upfront charge either, remember i have not got it yet

lastlid
4th July 2012, 22:05
what about this for the deal i have got, if i go for it, iphone 4 all you can eat calls, text, and data, all for £26 a month, no upfront charge either, remember i have not got it yet
Not bad, not bad. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th July 2012, 22:09
i knew you would be the first to answer this, just waiting for the laughs, told you so, rang up to cancell the contract and after a little barter we came to this offer, just have to make sure its the white one

somebody
4th July 2012, 22:19
I tend to think that the iPhone 4 is more robust than the androids.....

the phone with a glass front and back :omg: The Case Steve the most important thing otherwise you will one day see panic like you have never seen panic before:omg:

Dedworth
4th July 2012, 22:22
Apple suffers UK patent defeat to HTC

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-suffers-uk-patent-defeat-183138326.html

LONDON (Reuters) - Taiwan's HTC on Wednesday won a London court ruling against U.S. tech giant Apple Inc over a series of patent infringement claims linked to technology used in its mobile devices.

London's High Court said in a ruling carried on its website that HTC's devices did not infringe four Apple technology patents, including Apple's 'slide-to-unlock' feature.

HTC also challenged patents on the Apple iPhone's multi-touch system and the way the iPhone manages photographs.

lastlid
4th July 2012, 22:24
i knew you would be the first to answer this, just waiting for the laughs, told you so, rang up to cancell the contract and after a little barter we came to this offer, just have to make sure its the white one
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
4th July 2012, 22:37
the phone with a glass front and back :omg: The Case Steve the most important thing otherwise you will one day see panic like you have never seen panic before:omg:

Glass doesn't necessarily equate to weakness. But yes, you are probably right. Someone I know sat on theirs and cracked the glass. :icon_lol: But the same would probably have happened with one of the androids.

lastlid
5th July 2012, 19:41
Give us an update Steve, please....:D

stevewool
5th July 2012, 20:03
update, i am the king in my house what i say stays, if i want to go somewher we go, if i want to stop in, then in we stay, the king has spoken, yes Em has a new iphone:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
5th July 2012, 20:05
update, i am the king in my house what i say stays, if i want to go somewher we go, if i want to stop in, then in we stay, the king has spoken, yes Em has a new iphone:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

The Queen has got the King wrapped around her little finger. :icon_lol:

Terpe
5th July 2012, 20:08

:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

Join the club Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
If you can make you wife happy, and it's within budget, it's better than finding the Higgs Boson:D
And besides which, we want to make them as happy as they make us. Right??

Well done. But.....:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

stevewool
5th July 2012, 20:12
it was a good deal plus i wanted to get one for emma but she reads all hat i put on here so i just kept saying what i did, its 2 years this monh since she landed here so a nice present this was going to be, plus Peter if Emma is happy then i am too, just have to wait for the told you so from the rest of the gang coming along soon, :)

stevewool
5th July 2012, 20:13
The Queen has got the King wrapped around her little finger. :icon_lol:

indeed all our queens have us round there little fingers:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th July 2012, 20:21
Have to be honest Steve, you got a darn good deal. Well done.
I'm paying £32 per month for the same.
I've told Carina no iPhone 5 forget it. And I mean it.

She gave me a hug and a sweet smile (you know the sort) said how about iPad 4 and I said..........................
............... maybe :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:Cuckoo:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Just in case Emma is reading

lastlid
5th July 2012, 20:29
it was a good deal plus i wanted to get one for emma but she reads all hat i put on here so i just kept saying what i did, its 2 years this monh since she landed here so a nice present this was going to be, plus Peter if Emma is happy then i am too, just have to wait for the told you so from the rest of the gang coming along soon, :)
I think they are great bits of kit. "Somebody" has a point about the glass. But having said that, it is the glass that makes it to a certain degree. It isnt just any old glass. I got mine a back cover for protection. You can get them for just about a tenner or less.

Terpe
5th July 2012, 20:34
I think they are great bits of kit. "Somebody" has a point about the glass. But having said that, it is the glass that makes it to a certain degree. It isnt just any old glass. I got mine a back cover for protection. You can get them for just about a tenner or less.

Yes, good idea. We bought a back cover too.
The first iphone my wife had was dropped on the road and the front glass cracked. Still worked fine but ..................
Cost me £150 for a replacement phone at the Apple store MK.
Mind you, it had a new battery and a 12 month warranty. But...................:bigcry:

lastlid
5th July 2012, 20:38
Yes, good idea. We bought a back cover too.
The first iphone my wife had was dropped on the road and the front glass cracked. Still worked fine but ..................
Cost me £150 for a replacement phone at the Apple store MK.
Mind you, it had a new battery and a 12 month warranty. But...................:bigcry:

Yep, my boss points out that the front glass is an integral part of the phone, not just a piece of glass.

gWaPito
5th July 2012, 21:50
My concern wd the iphone is battery life..those wd an iphone will be aware that you cant change the battery..its built in.

If the main use is going to be mainly non internet use then great, no heavy recharging but, if like me, im forever recharging I would be pretty miffed off having to buy another phone after less than a year's use...rather than just another battery for my Samsung.

lastlid
6th July 2012, 06:51
I couldn,t tell you why, but not something I have come across with the iPhone.

"Smartphones running Google's Android software have been hijacked by an illegal botnet, according to a Microsoft researcher.

Botnets are large illegal networks of infected machines - usually desktop or laptop computers - typically used to send out masses of spam email.

Researcher Terry Zink said there was evidence of spam being sent from Yahoo mail servers by Android devices.

Microsoft's own platform, Windows Phone, is a key competitor to Android.

The Google platform has suffered from several high-profile issues with malware affected apps in recent months.

The official store - Google Play - has had issues with fake apps, often pirated free versions of popular paid products like Angry Birds Space or Fruit Ninja.

This latest discovery has been seen as a change of direction for attackers.

"We've all heard the rumours," Mr Zink wrote in a blog post.

"But this is the first time I have seen it - a spammer has control of a botnet that lives on Android devices.

"These devices login to the user's Yahoo Mail account and send spam." "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18720565