PDA

View Full Version : Brief introduction. My gf is filipina.

hirohiro
28th June 2012, 08:00
Hi,

I've just signed up for this community.
I'm hirohiro, 30, living in UK. I'm japanese but my gf is filipina. Our relationship started more than a year ago.

We're considering getting her tourist visa and inviting her to my place in London. But Seems like getting a longer term visa (I mean 6 months) is not easy. Maybe I will ask you about this kind of things, because this community contains a lot of information about that. Also hope I will make friends here!

Steve.r
28th June 2012, 08:07
Welcome to the forum Hirohiro,
I am sure you will be able to apply for a visit visa fro your girlfriend, but.. you will have to make sure that you can show that she has compelling reasons to return after her visa expires. Visit visas are notorious for being difficult to get as our government restricts who is let into our country, be you genuine or not. My only worry would be that they look very hard at your immigration status as you are Japanese.
Good luck in your application.

:)

Terpe
28th June 2012, 08:15
Hi there hirohiro, welcome to the forum.

Yes, you are right about Visit Visa. It can be tricky to get one.

However the cost of the visa is quite low so I guess well worth the risk.

Your g/f will need to prove that she has more compelling reasons to return home than reasons to stay in UK beyond the visa expiry.

Of course, other requirements need to be met such as financing the trip for the requested duration and reasons to visit etc.

Take a look at the application form and UKBA webpage Visiting the UK (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting)for a better understanding of the needed information.
Feel free to ask any additional questions here.

hawk
28th June 2012, 08:27
welcome :Hellooo:you have found the best place to find all the info you need as with my application for a visit visa before i marry my now wife one of the reasons they refused was they said she had no job to go back to she had money but the uk like to take money for visit visa but little chance of getting it if say you put shes coming for the olimpic games maybe lots of members on here have had visa turned down more than once im not saying you wont get a visa granted but least you wont be to disapointed if i dont be given but good luck with your aplication go to top of the page and look under visa&extras for more info

mickcant
28th June 2012, 08:52
Hello Hirohiro:Wave:
Welcome to the forum
Mick:)

bigmarco
28th June 2012, 22:06
Hi and welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

hirohiro
29th June 2012, 07:57
you will have to make sure that you can show that she has compelling reasons to return after her visa expires. Visit visas are notorious for being difficult to get as our government restricts who is let into our country, be you genuine or not. My only worry would be that they look very hard at your immigration status as you are Japanese.
Good luck in your application.

:)

Thank you for your warm welcome.
Yes, the difficult point is how to ensure her return. She has no job, and doesn't go to school either. Only possibility would be a fact that she is a single mother and has a baby in philippines. Her parents passed away and she lives with her grandparents, and also has several younger sisters who needs care.
In such a case, would birth (and death) certificates of her families help her visa?

My immigration status is what I haven't considered before. I came here with Tier2 visa as an internal transfer of Japanese company. Valid period is three years.

hirohiro
30th June 2012, 16:31
However the cost of the visa is quite low so I guess well worth the risk.

Thank you so much! I haven't noticed that the cost was so low.
Maybe we can try it some times.
Do you think a previous application refusal badly affects the next application?
Our plan A is to try a 6-month visa, and the plan B is to apply a one-month visa.:)

hirohiro
30th June 2012, 16:52
welcome :Hellooo:you have found the best place to find all the info you need as with my application for a visit visa before i marry my now wife one of the reasons they refused was they said she had no job to go back to she had money but the uk like to take money for visit visa but little chance of getting it if say you put shes coming for the olimpic games maybe lots of members on here have had visa turned down more than once im not saying you wont get a visa granted but least you wont be to disapointed if i dont be given but good luck with your aplication go to top of the page and look under visa&extras for more info

Thank you so much! Actually her purpose is not to watch the Olympic games, but I will need to submit the schedule during the whole trip. The purpose of her trip would be an important factor as well as a compelling reason for her to return to philippines. I will look for more information on this site:)

hirohiro
30th June 2012, 17:04
Thank you, mackcant and bigmarco.

I'm really glad to see warm welcomes from you!:Hellooo:

Terpe
1st July 2012, 09:48
Thank you so much! I haven't noticed that the cost was so low.
Maybe we can try it some times.
Do you think a previous application refusal badly affects the next application?
Our plan A is to try a 6-month visa, and the plan B is to apply a one-month visa.:)

Well it has to be said based on what you've divulged about your g/f not having any employment, being a single mum and living with her grandparents, it doesn't look great for securing a visa.

Personally I wouldn't base the application on a 6 month duration. One month would be better.

Terpe
1st July 2012, 09:50
By the way Hiro, have you actually physically met each other so far?

hirohiro
1st July 2012, 14:39
Well it has to be said based on what you've divulged about your g/f not having any employment, being a single mum and living with her grandparents, it doesn't look great for securing a visa.

Personally I wouldn't base the application on a 6 month duration. One month would be better.

Thank you for your reply. Actually a local agency in Philippines also advised us to try a one-month visa, rather than a 6-month. So I was wondering if we could have a way to get longer term visit visa.

By the way Hiro, have you actually physically met each other so far?
Yes, before I came to UK, we had met twice in Philippines.

Terpe
1st July 2012, 18:10
.....So I was wondering if we could have a way to get longer term visit visa.....

Actually all issued UK visit visa's are valid for 6 months stay regardless of the declared visit duration.

Be aware though, that there have been cases of difficulty for subsequent visit visa applications when previously declared durations have been actually been much longer.
At any subsequent Visit visa application it would be necessary to give a good explanation as to the reasons for extending the visit period.
Just so you are aware.

Out of interest what evidence does your agency advise your g/f to provide for strong ties and reasons to return?
Make sure they are not wasting your time, money and expectations.

No offence intended Hiro, just trying to help.