PDA

View Full Version : thai mother threatened with deportation due to lack of British knowledge.

joebloggs
16th July 2007, 16:05
just seen this bbc news item on a thai lady , i know its a filipino forum !!!, but its do to with the life in the uk test, thats relevent to filipino's to, she's married to a british guy, threated with deportation due to lack of British knowledge

here's the link http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6890000/newsid_6896100/6896184.stm?bw=nb&mp=wm#

but from the gov statement at the end of the clip, it looks to me like shes appiled for ILR with out passing and sending the 'life in the uk' cert or reaching the require esol level. also it mentions that the correct form should be used, before her visa runs out.. again looks like she should have applied for FLR if she hadn't passed the life in the uk test before her current visa expired. people should read the forms and investigate !!! :o)

Mrs Daddy
16th July 2007, 21:46
ohh poor woman:NoNo:what happen to their family then:Brick:why is the government like that cant they see she`s having trouble learning english.:Brick: I dont know!:NoNo:

KeithD
17th July 2007, 08:57
If they can't speaka da English, they shouldn't be allowed in here in the first place......and that goes for Glaswegians :D

joebloggs
17th July 2007, 10:55
'ow tinnie yous say dat scouser keith, whun yer nah longer a resident o' der pewl, but tipped ter wales, liv'n onna 'illtop wi' 'ogget as neighbos ?

KeithD
17th July 2007, 10:58
I see Joe's been taking Geordie classes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th July 2007, 11:00
it doesn't really have much to do with the life in uk test, looks to me if she had not passed it, she should have applied for FLR not ILR !!!

yes she needs to pass the test, but if she hasn't why she applying for ILR !! it says in the notes and on the form, if you havn't passed the test you shouldnt be using this form .. !! , its not her fault its his fault for not reading the form, maybe she should take him to her english classes to !! ;O)

joebloggs
17th July 2007, 11:03
I see Joe's been taking Geordie classes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you know scouser keith, i used the queens english and converted it to scouse using the offical scouse online translator !!! , as used by police, social services, etc :o)

Ping
17th July 2007, 12:04
what can i say is that its the husbands fault. why on earth he did not teach and help his wife to learn the language before. he knows full well that its a must when applying. stupid man.

scotsfiancee
17th July 2007, 14:00
If they can't speaka da English, they shouldn't be allowed in here in the first place......and that goes for Glaswegians :D

Aye aye min,

Wifie gae hame coz, his a gype :angry:

Nae guid :NoNo:

joebloggs
17th July 2007, 15:48
Aye aye min,

Wifie gae hame coz, his a gype :angry:

Nae guid :NoNo:

thats the first thing scots that you've said in 1300 posts thats made sense !!!

scotsfiancee
17th July 2007, 16:14
Oh thanks, that's a smart words from you!

KeithD
17th July 2007, 21:13
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :action-smiley-081:

andypaul
18th July 2007, 07:50
Like others have said this shows why its so important to ensure you develop your english skills. if your wife has time and you the money let her study practise her english while still in phill and if possible take an ilets exam it costs about 80 pounds but tests on reading, writing, listening and speaking. It will either you understand to a decent level or what you need to concentrate on.
I know for a fact it was a big plus when my wife has gone for her jobs and improved my wifes english skills as she had something to aim for and the result gave her confidence.