PDA

View Full Version : what is the best thing to do?

jane2009
30th June 2012, 12:17
Hi Guys,
Here I am again asking a help and advices regarding for my sister family visa. Her application was refuse I would like to ask what is the best thing to do, To appeal or to apply again? Please share your idea ...Many thanks

Terpe
30th June 2012, 12:37
For the visit visa it's always a difficult question to answer and in my opinion comes down to a personal choice.

Appeals can take a long time to resolve (measured in months) unless it's clear that the ECO made a mistake in his decision making and the ECM instructs a reversal.

What was the reason for refusal?

The family visit visa is a low cost option and, in my opinion, if it's easily possible to counter the previous refusal reasons then making another application could be the best option.
When making appeals it's often very difficult to introduce new evidence although many people actually do. Especially when a request from the ECO for a simple clarification would have made the difference.

Hope this helps your review.

CBM
30th June 2012, 13:13
That is good advice. Do be very careful about the reason for refusal, as an appeal on weak grounds can make the position much worse.

jane2009
30th June 2012, 13:23
Thank you guys for spending time to reply my post i do really appreciate!
My sister works in western union davao city and she did submitted the bank statement and letter from her employer! she has about 65,000 pesos in her bank account! But the Eco said that her salary is not enough to have this amount of money( something like that). My sister been working there nearly 2 years and i send her a money aswell every month which is going to her account. My parents has a small farm and everytime they sold coconut or whatever in the farm they give some for my sister. What makes me mad the eco says the letter from employer and the bank statement are not genuine...