PDA

View Full Version : Best dating sites?

highlander01
30th June 2012, 20:23
Hi - I'm a divorced guy mid 40's from north of the border - just starting on my quest for a filipina gf / wife.

Assuming that registering on a dating site is the first move , what would you suggest is the best dating site to register on? A free site ( like dateinasia ) or one of the more regulated paid for sites ( like filipino cupid).

What has been your experience?

bigmarco
1st July 2012, 00:08
Hi and welcome to the forum. :Hellooo:
I've never used any of the sites so not really in a position to recommend any particular one. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some advice.
You could always book a holiday to the Philippines and have a great time as well as meeting a potential gf/wife.
Good luck in your quest. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

WhiteBloodAda
1st July 2012, 01:58
OK, I got to admit this is one thing that does slightly bug me. Why do people look for a certain race or nationality when looking for love? Yes OK, I met my Filipina on a dating site, but I wasn't looking for a Filipina, I was looking to get to know people, and possibly find someone I could fall in love with. I used the site as one step in finding someone, and used other avenues too, i.e social events, nights out etc. It just so happened that the woman I am perfectly matched with is a Filipina.

If I set out to find a race/nationality I probably would have gone for Scandinavian women. But just because I love the countries, the culture, and the stereotypical Scandinavian woman is bloody gorgeous, it didn't mean my soulmate would have come from there.

Anyway, sorry to sound like I was ranting, just one of those things. Welcome to the forum anyway :D ;)

WhiteBloodAda
1st July 2012, 01:58
oh, and FYI, I used plentyoffish, but that's not an asian only site

Iani
1st July 2012, 09:15
Hi and welcome.

Yes Plentyoffish is a good dating site for the UK, plenty of oddities on there too hehe.

I would echo, why a filipina?

One problem here, is perhaps that many on these dating sites might just be looking for some "rich" foreigner to marry and get them out of a shanty town, so you might not be so lucky finding a soulmate - which is what a lifelong girlfriend or wife is of course all about.

Know what, I'd do what has already been suggested. Take a vacation over there and see what you think of the personalities, good chance you may meet someone special too.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T GO TO ANGELES CITY AND FALL FOR SOME GIRL WORKING IN A BAR. I could write a book on my experiences of guys going to Thailand and falling for prostitu.........sorry........."bargirls" :rolleyes:

Really though, no-one is having a go at you, we just don't want you doing the wrong thing for yourself.

When you take on an asian girlfriend, you take on many different cultural problems you wouldn't get if you met a Scottish girl

Good luck anyway :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
1st July 2012, 10:11
Before joining a paid overseas site, International Cupid, which has mainly Filipina's, Chinese, Russian & Colombian ladies, I was using UK sites such as Plenty of Fish and Girls Date for Free which didn't have an abundance of classy women and that's the reason why I looked further afield.

I met Maria within the first week on International Cupid and that was in 2010 so personally I can't say anything bad about it. :D

I think the experience of using British dating sites beforehand though does help as you can get used to how women behave online and the games they might play.

But I'd only recommend overseas online dating if you're open minded, patient and experienced enough to know what women are capable of, and most important - respect yourself and your wallet, first and foremost. Never send any money to anyone you've never met.

Alternatively, another option would be to go to the Phils and meet women in the flesh.

stevewool
1st July 2012, 10:37
try them all, have fun, but from the start be truefull to yourself and to who ever you are speaking too, dateinasia is the one i used, a tip from someone that is experianced, make sure you use your brain and not your :icon_tonguew: to chose:)

grahamw48
1st July 2012, 11:22
try them all, have fun, but from the start be truefull to yourself and to who ever you are speaking too, dateinasia is the one i used, a tip from someone that is experianced, make sure you use your brain and not your :icon_tonguew: to chose:)

That'll be a novelty. :icon_lol:

CBM
1st July 2012, 13:01
As has been said earlier, why not buy a guide book, book a package, get on a plane, take a holiday, and see if you like the country?

It is a very different place, and if you find that the local way of life is not for you, you will have saved yourself a good deal of expensive cross cultural unhappiness, because that is the baggage that any lady you meet on a dating site or elsewhere will be bringing with her.

If on the other hand you find that you like the place, you will have given yourself a flying start in any discussions that may lead to a relationship.

Incidentally I have a personal theory, unsupported by evidence, that a good many happy marriages have indeed started in girlie bars, down the decades, but those are the ones where you would never, ever, guess that such was the case, and certainly no married couple who first met in those circumstances will ever tell anyone. If you see a man with someone whom you think might have been a bar girl, you can be sure things are never going to go right for the two of them... and the British Embassy Consular Service were not born yesterday, either...

Steve.r
5th July 2012, 15:19
Hi Lanie, it looks like you can post ok, but just go to the thread you want to post on, and click the +reply to thread to reply to someone. I will move your post to Highlander's thread. :)