PDA

View Full Version : Medical Certificate

Brooksy
4th July 2012, 20:07
Hi everyone,

I've been advised that my wife may need to show a medical certificate to immigration upon entry to the UK (along with her passport/visa and landing card). Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Thanks,

Ian

lastlid
4th July 2012, 20:16
Hi everyone,

I've been advised that my wife may need to show a medical certificate to immigration upon entry to the UK (along with her passport/visa and landing card). Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Thanks,

Ian

My wife wasn't asked to. Nor was she required to. I checked this out before she travelled and I was told no need. Also, according to the UKBA / Embassy website, there was no requirement.

Bluebirdjones
4th July 2012, 23:25
She might be required to have an X-ray taken , to test for TB,
It could be at the airport, or via an appointment locally.

However, there is NO legal obligation on the part of your wife to have an X-ray with her (and the certified results) when she arrives.

Doc Alan
4th July 2012, 23:56
Have a look at # 20 in this thread :-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/31919-TB-curable-but-a-long-way-to-go.?p=366821#post366821

Blesslady
5th July 2012, 09:29
I think it really depends on your choice because in my case when I applied for a visa I attached my TB Certificate together with my documents.and then when I arrived at Heathrow Airport the U.K Immigration asked me to go to Health control and one of the staff member there ask me if i could show to them my Tb certificate I handed them my certificate and they stamped on it.. :)

jayupnorth
6th July 2012, 17:15
just found this thread ,thruogh searching,i searched earier but couldnt find... my wife also seems to think she needs some sort of medical cert, i dont fancy forking out 6,000 php if it aint needed,