PDA

View Full Version : Finally hear from HMCTS regarding appeal.

bigmarco
5th July 2012, 22:57
Finally some 3 months after submission of the appeal I have finally received Notice of appeal from HMCTS.Apparently the delay was due to a judge having to decide whether or not to allow the appeal due to its late submission.
They have said it could take around 19 weeks to receive the documents back from Manila before they can set a date. By my calculation it could take upto 6 months before we get to stand in a court.
I really dont think we can wait that long so we must pray that the ECM overturns the decision when they receive the Notice of appeal.
In the meantime I am awaiting an Irish Passport which should arrive shortly and in the event that the decision is not overturned by the ECM, I'm minded to abandon the appeal and instead apply for the EEA family permit.
I feel like I'm serving a prison sentence here and the thoughts of having to wait until November for a hearing date to be set is just unbearable.

grahamw48
5th July 2012, 23:48
Well, that's SOME progress. :rolleyes:

Personally I'd think very carefully about abandoning the appeal. :Erm:

Maybe you can approach using both avenues at the same time.

Don't burn your bridges just yet. ;)

imagine
5th July 2012, 23:56
my heart goes out to you both, hang in there, everyones routing for you,

what graham said seems a very sensible idea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th July 2012, 00:03
wait til you get your passport b4 you do anything,
pitty the judge didnt look at your app there ans then and save alot of time and money, the justice system in the UK is :crazy: for delaying and time wasting,

lastlid
6th July 2012, 06:26
I sympathise with your situation. I think it could so easily have happened to any one of us. It peaces me off that they can and do behave like this.