PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Andy Murray !!

Terpe
6th July 2012, 20:43
OK I'll be the first.

Well done Andy Murray.
At last a Wimbledon Final. He certainly looked emotional and just like the cat that got the cream.

Well deserved too with some really great matches and playing some of his best tennis.

Just a hint of doubt crept into my head for a moment.
We had a power cut this afternoon just at the crucial point when I was thinking oh no a Murray moment.
When the power came back of course it was all over so I missed probably the best of the match.

But Andy made it though. That's enough for me.
I hope he can compose himself. He's very capable of beating Federer and has the advantage in terms of stats

Whoops there I go convincing myself he can do it.

Hopefully it will be a good match to watch one way or another.

subseastu
6th July 2012, 20:57
A fine british player (only if he wins obviously)

Terpe
6th July 2012, 21:02
Yes indeed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Andy Murray is the British No.1 and ranked No. 4 in the world.

Let's just think about that. No. 4 in the world.
I can't imagime what it must be like to have that much talent, that much determination and that much self-confidence and motivation to achieve that level.
It has nothing to do with money IMO

C'mon Andy

Terpe
6th July 2012, 21:09
Oh, and I forgot say just look at the immense talent around at this time too.
I think he has progressed and matured so well recently.

andy222
6th July 2012, 21:09
Well after the euros Im making no predictions but I wish him all the best.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
6th July 2012, 21:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Good news for British tennis.

WhiteBloodAda
6th July 2012, 21:50
Meh, Come on Roger, do it for England!

bigmarco
6th July 2012, 22:01
I for one will be watching on Sunday hoping to see a fantastic game of Tennis won by a gentleman and a great champion aswell as a role model to all young sportsmen. Yes I will be cheering for Federer because I cannot stand Murray. I dont forget his anyone but England comments and the thought of him lifting the trophy will spoil my weekend. However the Gambler in me says that 13/8 on Murray is good odds so I will be having a small wager on him and hope he loses. I also think 5/1 on Williams opponent in the Ladies final is to good to miss.

WhiteBloodAda
8th July 2012, 00:18
I hope you missed your bet on Radwanska ;)

CBM
8th July 2012, 00:22
Well, we have an English Champion in the Men's Doubles, anyway. First time in 74 years.

What with this and the yellow jersey for an undoubted Englishman in the Tour de France, today, things are shaping up nicely for the Olympics!

Ako Si Jamie
8th July 2012, 00:55
But if he loses the final - he's back to being Scottish again. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
8th July 2012, 01:28
Can't stand Murray:censored: I too remember his anti English comments before he was no doubt told to tone it down due to lucrative sponsorship offers.
Bet he is for Scottish independence too :doh
He does not represent my country England so why on earth would i cheer for him:)

lastlid
8th July 2012, 06:41
I really loathe the divison between the home nations, especially between the English and the Scots. The abstention by the Scots on the olympic football team really annoys me.

lastlid
8th July 2012, 15:09
First set to Murray

bigmarco
8th July 2012, 16:55
First set to Murray

I dont know how they'll finish its bucketing down at the moment in Merton

Dedworth
8th July 2012, 18:40
Sounds like Murray got a well deserved spanking. All the OTT pre game hype sounded similar to that spouted when it was going to be a mere formality for England to walk over Italy in Euro 2012

The amount of licence payers money the BBC lavishes on blanket coverage of this minority interest sport has angered me for years

grahamw48
8th July 2012, 19:18
Victoria Beckham was sitting there looking like she'd been smacked round the face with a wet fish. :NoNo:

Meanwhile Mr.Niceguy David was waving and smiling politely to all.

That's about all I saw of real interest.

alan/maleiya
8th July 2012, 19:41
Andy is Scottish and we are proud of him he is only classed as British because he is good if he was .... he would be Scottish all day long in everyones eyes south of the border :) C'mon Tim ohh now he wasn't that good

WhiteBloodAda
8th July 2012, 20:04
I also love the way 90% of the time, they never call the hill Murray's Mount. They still call it Henman Hill. Tim was a god! haha:icon_lol:

grahamw48
8th July 2012, 20:48
They both lost.

Maybe we need a Welshman. :Erm:

Rory
8th July 2012, 22:32
They both lost.

Maybe we need a Welshman. :Erm:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: