PDA

View Full Version : Adopted child visa was refused..Need advise

prime
7th July 2012, 05:14
Hi everyone our adopted child visa was refused. What shall we do? Are we going to get a immigration lawyer to appeal.Please I need your advise or help.We dont know what to do.

Terpe
7th July 2012, 07:50
So sorry to hear that.

What was the stated reason(s) for refusal?

prime
7th July 2012, 08:30
hi terpe the decision said that:

You have applied for Entry Clearance to join your adoptive mother in UK. I note that the Philippines is not signatory to the Hague Convention and your adoption is therefore not recognised by the UK.I am not therefore satisfied you meet the requirements of paragraph 310.As there is no evidence that your adoption in the Philippine Courts took place under the terms of the Hague Convention.I have also considered your application under paragraph 316A of the Immigration Rules which is to be used for children coming for adoption in the UK including where child has been adopted overseas but in a country whose orders are not recognised..Thats what they said.. What shall we do?need advise..

joebloggs
7th July 2012, 12:47
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/residency/intercountryadoption.pdf

how old is the child ?

CBM
7th July 2012, 13:07
Adoption visas from the Philippines are an absolute nightmare for the reasons you have just discovered - the Hague Convention. UK ECOs are terrified of permitting child trafficking, following well known cases involving African children, so they can and do "play safe" to an absurd extent. A friend, a retired senior civil servant, spent years trying to adopt his Filipina stepdaughter and in the end he went to Plan B and got her a place an an English public school which meant that she got a student visa. He was fortunate in that he could afford this (I could not!) but this shows just how difficult it can be.

prime
7th July 2012, 16:13
The child is 12 yrs old.

Terpe
7th July 2012, 16:21
The child is 12 yrs old.

And neither of you are the biological parent right?

prime
7th July 2012, 16:46
right..

prime
7th July 2012, 16:52
Actually the adopted parent is dual citizenship british/filipina..and she adopt it here in the philippines..And she also hire an immigration solicitor to processed the visa..The problem is the solicitor did not mention to us or require us regarding this one Hague Convention and the requirements which is mention in the decision..Can you give me an advise..What shall we do?