PDA

View Full Version : Skype logging in problem.

mickcant
8th July 2012, 07:43
Hi all:Wave:
Having just reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled XP on my computer, I went to re download “Skype” managed to log in ok and hit the download button and it asks for my password again, but would not accept it!:doh

So I went through the “remind me of my password link” which made me set a new password it said it was ok I but I still cannot get in to do the download.

I know many here use Skype, any idea what I am doing wrong please?

There seems no way of talking to anyone at Skype, support on the website just says check your password.
Mick.:Erm:

hawk
8th July 2012, 08:19
have you checked your comp is not blocking you from downloading or cap lock as i did same thing and i forgot i put a dot after my name user if all else fails open another account then download when done login with your old account

mickcant
8th July 2012, 08:36
have you checked your comp is not blocking you from downloading or cap lock as i did same thing and i forgot i put a dot after my name user if all else fails open another account then download when done login with your old account

Thanks, I did check Cap lock and always try to copy and past the password in to save mistakes.
if I remember right I started a new account before to download.

I am getting a new computer next week and will try again then.

I always seem to have problems logging in though:yikes:
Mick.:)

somebody
8th July 2012, 11:53
You did download Skype from the official site sir?

Also do certain people know of this skype account? Possibly wise as Hawk suggests to create a new account oh and check your Anti Virus is not stopping you download the file for some reason they can be to clever for their own good sometimes.

mickcant
8th July 2012, 13:45
You did download Skype from the official site sir?

Also do certain people know of this skype account? Possibly wise as Hawk suggests to create a new account oh and check your Anti Virus is not stopping you download the file for some reason they can be to clever for their own good sometimes.

You have to get as far as logging in before the download can start!
Yes it is the offical site (I think:yikes:)

I will try and download on a new account then need to go back to my present account as I have credit on it, I use it to phone mobile phones even in the UK it is cheaper:Cuckoo:

WhiteBloodAda
8th July 2012, 20:20
Have you tried turning your computer off and then on again? ;):icon_lol:

imagine
8th July 2012, 20:57
You have to get as far as logging in before the download can start!
Yes it is the offical site (I think:yikes:)

I will try and download on a new account then need to go back to my present account as I have credit on it, I use it to phone mobile phones even in the UK it is cheaper:Cuckoo:

just incase your not sure you used official link , here is a link to skype help/downloads ect, i have taken it from my skype page so you can be sure its legit:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows

imagine
8th July 2012, 21:02
you could consider turning off your firewall for a short time while you download, that way if the firewall is the problem you will have success, make sure its a ligitimate site, then turn firewall back on asp after download

mickcant
8th July 2012, 22:39
Thanks everyone, but the problem is the site not acepting my password to log on before I can downlod Skype.

Thanks for the site link, when I am on my new computer hopefully this week, I will as advised sign up again as a new user then if all goes ok, use my exsisting Skype name then, so I can use my pre paid credit.