PDA

View Full Version : Philippines King Of Comedy Dolphy Quizon Passed Away

melovesengland
10th July 2012, 15:53
MANILA, Philippines– Dolphy, dubbed the country’s “King of Comedy” whose body of work on stage, movies and television mirrors the history of Philippine entertainment, died on Tuesday night. He was 83. Dolphy died after a five-year battle with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), according to his long-time partner, actress and singer Zsa Zsa Padilla.

"We would like to inform the public that Mr. Rodolfo 'Dolphy' Quizon, passed away today at 8:34 p.m. due to multiple organ failure, secondary to complications brought about by severe pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and acute renal failure." the Makati Medical Center said in a statement. "We join the entire Filipino Community in praying for the soul of Mr. Quizon and his dearly beloved family and friends. To the Quizon Family, we extend our deepest condolences," the hospital said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/07/10/12/dolphy-dead-83

CBM
10th July 2012, 18:12
I used to enjoy "Home along da Riles".

Moy
10th July 2012, 22:12
:cwm3:

Terpe
11th July 2012, 09:32
Very sad.
I'm a Dolphy fan. He was not only a great comedy actor, but seems he was also a great family man.
RIP Dolphy

Steve.r
11th July 2012, 09:48
I also enjoyed his movies or the ones I have seen. A real shame.

Terpe
11th July 2012, 09:51
I can recommend "Doble Troble" with Dolphy and Vic Sotto.
Hilarious :laugher:

melovesengland
11th July 2012, 09:56
Yeah, such a shame but lets just be happy in a way that all his pains and sufferings are all gone now. Return If Possibble Dolphy! :)

febmary
11th July 2012, 15:12
MANILA, Philippines– Dolphy, dubbed the country’s “King of Comedy” whose body of work on stage, movies and television mirrors the history of Philippine entertainment, died on Tuesday night. He was 83. Dolphy died after a five-year battle with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), according to his long-time partner, actress and singer Zsa Zsa Padilla.

"We would like to inform the public that Mr. Rodolfo 'Dolphy' Quizon, passed away today at 8:34 p.m. due to multiple organ failure, secondary to complications brought about by severe pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and acute renal failure." the Makati Medical Center said in a statement. "We join the entire Filipino Community in praying for the soul of Mr. Quizon and his dearly beloved family and friends. To the Quizon Family, we extend our deepest condolences," the hospital said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/07/10/12/dolphy-dead-83

The ever favorite..."John en Marsha" and Home Along d Riles".

ReemaOwens
11th July 2012, 15:16
He will be truly missed....really sad :bigcry:

aim_angel
11th July 2012, 16:23
R.I.P DOLPHY!!

this video made me cry! Dolphy's long time partner Zsa Zsa sang "Through the Years"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZYjeXxBOr4

Arthur Little
14th July 2012, 01:26
MANILA, Philippines– Dolphy, dubbed the country’s “King of Comedy” whose body of work on stage, movies and television mirrors the history of Philippine entertainment, died on Tuesday night. He was 83.

Sad :bigcry: ... seemed like a popular bloke!