PDA

View Full Version : Original Copies Of Birth Cerficate and Cenomar - Will I Get Them Back

Moving Forward
10th July 2012, 19:38
I am getting married this September in Manila.

A couple of questions I would like answering :)

1. When I go to UK Embassy to exchange my CNI, they are asking for my CENOMAR (and my fiances also I think). Will they return the CENOMAR document so I can use them when my fiance applies for the marriage licence, or will I need to arrange another copy?

2. My fiance says that she will need my original birth certificate when she applies for the marriage licence at the city hall and that I won't get it back? Is this true?! I am getting married at Paranaque City Hall.

Moving Forward
10th July 2012, 19:39
I've asked her to call the city hall tomorrow to check!

RickyR
10th July 2012, 19:51
British Embassy: They'll give you the originals back once they've sighted them.

With regards the situation for your Marriage License and Birth Certificate, that sounds a little odd. But bear in mind you can get as many "original" birth certificates as you want from the NSO in the Philippines, so it could be true. I'd get her to explain that in England you only get one Birth Certificate, and that's the only original. Or give them a full colour photocopy, and see if they actually notice the difference.

lastlid
10th July 2012, 20:00
I am getting married this September in Manila.

A couple of questions I would like answering :)

1. When I go to UK Embassy to exchange my CNI, they are asking for my CENOMAR (and my fiances also I think). Will they return the CENOMAR document so I can use them when my fiance applies for the marriage licence, or will I need to arrange another copy?

2. My fiance says that she will need my original birth certificate when she applies for the marriage licence at the city hall and that I won't get it back? Is this true?! I am getting married at Paranaque City Hall.

Yes. They returned all of our docs that we submitted at the embassy, for the CNI. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

And when we got married. All documents were returned.

Rory
10th July 2012, 21:43
When we went to the embassy both Cenomar's and birth certificates never left our hands and they should not either. Only thing you will lose in your UK CNI for a Philippine one. If you have all the documents then everything is very easy, relaxing and friendly.

Moving Forward
10th July 2012, 22:01
Thanks everybody.