PDA

View Full Version : Typo

Shamrockdave2003
20th July 2007, 05:19
Hi Guys,

My Wife and me are currently getting together the paperwork for a spouse applicatiion.
We have three kids one is mine and the other two are from a former relationship, only my child is travelling, while the other two are remaing in the Phillippines.
It says that you need to supply all Birth Certs of children - whether they are travelling or not.
My question is this - on the first two birth certs there is a typo..........instead of saying Maria Fe (mothers name ) it says Ma. Fe wheras my daughters birth cert is fine.
Is this gonna be a problem at the embassy?? she has been told by the local registry that it would take two months to fix :cwm23:
She applied for a Phil Health card and has an affadavit stating that here name should be Maria Fe.

Can anyone help pleassssssssssssse
I dont want to apply at the embassy and losse a grand on a typo

Thanks in advance

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
20th July 2007, 09:19
Have you asked the embassy?

Shamrockdave2003
20th July 2007, 10:21
Yeah just waiting for a response

Shamrockdave2003
23rd July 2007, 12:47
Gt a response from UK VACS.

Just thought i would post it, in case someone is in the same situation.

The Birth Certificate of your wife’s children with typographical error will be accepted if you prefer not to amend it which will take two more months. You may attach a notarized affidavit of correction for each of the children’s birth certificate. If you need further assistance you may also call our call centre from any of the following numbers:
For PLDT/Smart/Touchcard Subscribers: 1-909-858-4727 or 1-909-UKVISAS
For Globe/Innove/Touchmobile Subscribers: 1-900-858-4727 or 1-900-UKVISAS
For Bayantel Subscribers: 1-903-858-4727 or 1-903-UKVISAS

This service is available nationwide through NDD-enable telephones, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm, Saturdays 8:00am to 6:00pm. For applicants or sponsors calling from outside the Philippines can call on +632 884 2661.

Yours truly,
UK VAC

IainBusby
23rd July 2007, 15:16
You may attach a notarized affidavit of correction for each of the children’s birth certificate.]

If the Filipino lawyer gets wind that the notarized affidavit is for visa purposes and that a foreigner (Brit) is involved, get ready for a sharp intake of breath when he tells you or your missus the price. :yikes::yikes::yikes:
Iain.

Shamrockdave2003
23rd July 2007, 17:43
How much do you reckon?

IainBusby
24th July 2007, 09:42
How much do you reckon?

It depends how you do it really. Firstly, I would let your wife go to the lawyer alone at this stage and don't even let him know your in the country. Secondly, if she shops around and lets each lawyer she approaches know that she is shopping around before she goes ahead and then leaves it for a few days, then maybe one of them will contact her to haggle a bit for the job, if he thinks maybe she got a better price somewhere else. Finally, whatever price is quoted, she must make sure that this will be the price; there will be no hidden extras or extra fees that he forgot or claims just didn't know about, or had changed since he last carried out this kind of work; the list of reasons for charging more goes on and on............

I remember when my wife was going through a different procedure, that an affidavit was required for something or other and if my memory serves me well, it cost about P5000. but this was in addition to the other work the lawyer was already involved in for her.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Iain.

greenbeltboy
31st July 2007, 14:10
I think that "Ma." is short for "Maria".

Here are some real life examples:
Our street is called Maria Clara Street, but sometimes referred to as Ma. Clara.
I had classmates with the Ma. before their name (what we call them), and when asked, they say it's Maria.
Example: Ma. Victoria would mean Maria Victoria.

walesrob
31st July 2007, 14:36
Nice to see that UKVacs are being helpful and answering specific questions.

When Elsa applied for her Visa, her birth certificate had a few mistakes (wrong surname and wrong fathers name), and when I emailed the Embassy about it, they weren't in the slightest bit helpful, only saying "Please refer to the application notes, blah blah".