PDA

View Full Version : Banco De Oro savings account passbook...can my wife access here in the uk?

englishdude
11th July 2012, 19:24
Hello,

My wife has a "Banco De Oro savings account passbook" in DOLLARS...which she obviously opened in Phil.....She has it here with her in the uk and she would like to access the account to withdraw a hundred dollars...

But we cant find any info on wether she can access the account here in the uk.... i looked online for a BDO here in the uk and found one but is it the same bank? website does not look the same as the Phil one...

Anybody have any experience of this?

or where i need to go to find out?

hoping someone may know (: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
11th July 2012, 21:33
Hi, I don't think they have a branch here in the UK. And that BDO UK site is a different one. Maybe your last resort would be to call Banco de Oro Manila and ask them about your concerns.

ReemaOwens
12th July 2012, 07:54
Hello Englishdude! As far as i know BDO doesn't have any branches from other countries except for Hongkong that's what the BDO manager told us during my CFO seminar because they encouraged us to open an account in their bank. However the manager also mentioned that still we can access our account here in the Philippines, if we are in UK for example through their partnership remittances centers. (Moneygram is one of their partners :) )