PDA

View Full Version : newbie here from Cambridge

belle22
14th July 2012, 18:20
Hello, would like to know where to find Filipino Community here in Cambridge. Been here for 2 weeks now and haven't met any Filipinos yet. Any pinoys out there in Cambridge or nearby areas? Message me :) - Belle

Steve.r
14th July 2012, 18:21
Welcome to the forum Belle, I am sure you will find friends very soon. :)

belle22
14th July 2012, 18:24
thanks Steve.r :)

Terpe
14th July 2012, 18:38
Hello, would like to know where to find Filipino Community here in Cambridge. Been here for 2 weeks now and haven't met any Filipinos yet. Any pinoys out there in Cambridge or nearby areas? Message me :) - Belle

:Hellooo: Hello Belle, welcome to the forum.

We have members from Cambridge here.
If my memory serves me right I think our Trusted member Rosie is in that area and may have information for you about community groups around.

Good luck

Terpe
14th July 2012, 18:41
Did you check out the local churches, hospitals and care homes ??
Usually all good places to find new friends

bigmarco
14th July 2012, 19:31
Welcome to the Forum Belle and good luck in your search :Hellooo:

Rosie1958
14th July 2012, 22:51

Hi Belle, welcome to the Forum and also to Cambridge.

There is a large Filipino community working at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. There are a few cafeterias at the hospital and you might bump into some if you go and have a drink there. You might also be pleased to hear that you can buy filipino food products (along with Chinese, Thai. etc.) at a store in Mill Road, Cambridge called Choi Mee.

I am not far from Huntingdon (about 18 miles from Cambridge), where there are also a good number of Filipinos working at the nearby hospital at Hinchingbrooke. My filipina sister-in-law lives in Huntingdon and there are 4 other filipino families living in her street, it's a small world!

I hope that you settle in soon
Rosie :)

PAT
15th July 2012, 12:50
Hello welcome here...:)

belle22
21st July 2012, 11:18

belle22
21st July 2012, 11:19
ok thanks for the info Rosie :)

belle22
21st July 2012, 11:20
thank you!

aprilmaejon
24th July 2012, 08:54
Hi Belle, Welcome to the forum.
I am from bedford, not very far Cambridge.
We could meet up one day if you wish.

Shalegirl
24th July 2012, 10:54
Welcome to the forum Belle!

I hope you're enjoying your stay in cambridge, beautiful town! :)

Arthur Little
25th July 2012, 00:05
Belle ... :welcomex: to :Britain:; also, to the friendly, online filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

belle22
27th July 2012, 17:08
Hi Belle, Welcome to the forum.
I am from bedford, not very far Cambridge.
We could meet up one day if you wish.

Hi April, sure we can meet up sometime. Seen your status is engaged, u just arrived here in England also? Just married 2 days ago :))

belle22
27th July 2012, 17:09
thanks Arthur! :)

Belle ... :welcomex: to :Britain:; also, to the friendly, online filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

belle22
27th July 2012, 17:10
Welcome to the forum Belle!

I hope you're enjoying your stay in cambridge, beautiful town! :)

thanks Shalegirl :)

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 13:01
Hi April, sure we can meet up sometime. Seen your status is engaged, u just arrived here in England also? Just married 2 days ago :))

Been here since December 2011, got married last April. I haven't updated my status yet...I should really do that now. :-)

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 13:03
Just married 2 days ago :))

Congratulations to both of you... :-)

belle22
5th August 2012, 17:49
Been here since December 2011, got married last April. I haven't updated my status yet...I should really do that now. :-)

did u come here as fiance visa? if so, did u apply for extension visa? haven't done it yet but i will soon. this week will submit passport amendment and report marriage to philippine embassy in london. hope things goes well.

anyways, haven't met any pinoy yet in Cambridge. i've seen few in the malls but its awkward to introduce my self. well, in time i'll meet them here somehow :)

aprilmaejon
5th August 2012, 20:31
did u come here as fiance visa? if so, did u apply for extension visa? haven't done it yet but i will soon. this week will submit passport amendment and report marriage to philippine embassy in london. hope things goes well.

anyways, haven't met any pinoy yet in Cambridge. i've seen few in the malls but its awkward to introduce my self. well, in time i'll meet them here somehow :)

Yes, I came here under fiancé visa and I just got my biometric residence permit or the Further Leave to Remain for 2 years.

Passport amendment? Changing your name to married name? So you want to change your name first before applying for the extension of stay? When is the expiration date of your visa? Be reminded that you need to apply for the FLR 28 days before your visa expires or as early as possible. Changing name on passport takes time...up to 2 months as I have read from other threads here.

aprilmaejon
5th August 2012, 20:44

Yeah.I know what you mean. I encountered few Filipina here in Churches and market but like you, I find it awkward to approach them and introduce myself...thats why until now (for 7 months of being here) I have no filipina friends here yet.