PDA

View Full Version : uk immigration rule?

pgdurian71
17th July 2012, 14:30
hi im new this so here goes i got married recently in the phillipines and my wife wanted to know what the new required income is for the sponsor who is settled here in the uk,hope that anyone can help me thank you

imagine
17th July 2012, 14:37
hi pg and welcome to the forum,

you could try searching the threads, gather as much info as you need, then any questions come back and ask, everyone is friendly and helpfull here,
heres a start for you check out this link :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39740-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Spouse-Partner-Visa?highlight=

Steve.r
17th July 2012, 14:37
£18600 per annum

joebloggs
17th July 2012, 20:15
£18600 per annum

and paid that for at least the last 6 months,

Iani
17th July 2012, 21:58
Or as I understand, you can also have been paid £18,600 in the last year, and it doesn't have to be continuous - for example (because I'm not putting that clearly), say you earned 17,000 in the last year, but then this last month gone, you managed to earn £2000 overtime (yes I know that's ridiculous, but it's just an example to make it easy to understand :icon_lol: ). Well that means if you counted back, you will have earned over the £18,600 in the last year, so it would count.

If say you got promoted or a new job though, which in theory will pay over £18,600, then you only need to earn for 6 months proof - they will work it out that you'll get the amount needed over the rest of the year.

I hate to say it, but in both these cases, it's good of them, because they could have said you must always wait and have the proof on the yearly P60.

Not that I agree one little bit with this income requirement, but at least they are being more fair than they could have been. Hrmph!