PDA

View Full Version : need advice

joannet
17th July 2012, 23:53
hi guys i just want to ask if my fiance got uk cni already does he really need to convert that in local at the uk embssy phil?and what documents he need to present and what documents i need too?and what if we dnt get local version what will happen,?thanks guys

imagine
18th July 2012, 00:02
the cni must be converted in phil, or you cant marry

but what im not sure is if its phil embassy or uk embassy you do this
divorce decree if appropiate, or death cert i think?
birth certificate,
not sure what else try search i know there are posts here you will find with the info you need:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
18th July 2012, 00:05
here i found a link for you , go check it out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/38001-plan-getting-married-here-in-Philippines?highlight=married+in+phil

joannet
18th July 2012, 02:44
thanks for helping,one question again does my fiance need to have visa cos he want to stay longer here thanks

Terpe
18th July 2012, 09:10
thanks for helping,one question again does my fiance need to have visa cos he want to stay longer here thanks

If your fiance is a UK passport holder he will be allowed to stay for 21 days without a visa.
If he wants to stay longer he will need a visa. He can do this in a number of ways:-

1. By applying to Philippine Embassy in London before he leaves UK
2. By applying for a 38 day extension (21+38 = 59 days in Philippines) at the airport upon arrival. The cost is around P3030 as I recall
3. By applying for the extension during his stay in Philippines at an immigration office

Hope that helps.

joannet
19th July 2012, 06:22
hi guys i just want to ask if my fiance got uk cni already does he really need to convert that in local at the uk embssy phil?and what documents he need to present and what documents i need too?and what if we dnt get local version what will happen,?thanks guys

hi again guys,i just want to know cos my fiance is divorse does he still need to get a cenomar here in the philippines?and if we are getting cenomar what address are we going to put cos obviously his not from here.thanks

joannet
19th July 2012, 06:29
hi guys,i just want to ask cos my fiance is divorse,does he still need to get cenomar fr phil,and what address were going to put cos ovbiously his not fr here pls help

Terpe
21st July 2012, 12:26
hi guys,i just want to ask cos my fiance is divorse,does he still need to get cenomar fr phil,and what address were going to put cos ovbiously his not fr here pls help

Here is some useful official general information about overseas marriages and civil partnerships (http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/your-trip/overseas-weddings)

and some CNI information here (http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-to-apply-for-a-cni) including the British Embassy appointment system and how to apply.

Your fiance will need to get a UK CNI from his local registry office. It takes 22 days from time of application. It's 21 days for the 'bans'.

He will need to present this UK document to the British Embassy in the Philippines so that he can be officially issued with a legally required Philippine version called a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry.
This certificate is needed for the application of a marriage license.

Most authorities in Philippines are now also demanding a CENOMAR for the foreign party in addition to your own. You can get the CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from NSO (National Statistics Office), or you can apply online here (https://www.ecensus.com.ph).

Use the UK address of your fiance.

CENOMAR reports no marriage in the Philippines
CNI reports free to marry in UK

A valid CNI is required by Philippine law.

The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office states:-

You should check with the authorities in the country where you are marrying whether they can accept the CNI as issued by the UK registrar or if it must be exchanged for a locally acceptable version (ie. a certificate in the local language) issued by the British Embassy or Consulate

From Article 21 of The Family Code of The Philippines:-

When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license can be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.

Hope this helps

maccauk11
21st July 2012, 16:46
hi

Yes he needs to get a cenomar and you have to attend marriage councelling at the local municipal office. I got married in July2012 in Antiplo and had to have a cenomar before we got the cni from the british embassy

maccauk11
21st July 2012, 16:50
yes he needs to convert it in phils. Make an appointment online. they give you a choice of dates. I had my appointment 2 days after i arrived in Phils. I had no cenomar from phils and had to get one before they gave me the CNI. Before you cna get a cenomar you have to attend marriage councelling at the municipal it lasts for a few hours.

joannet
22nd July 2012, 13:28
hi terpe,thanks a lot,you mean to say now that if my local city hall were we going to get marry already accept my fiance uk cni ,we dnt need to get a local converted cni fr embssy here in phil,if they accept the cni fr uk already?

Terpe
23rd July 2012, 07:55
hi terpe,thanks a lot,you mean to say now that if my local city hall were we going to get marry already accept my fiance uk cni ,we dnt need to get a local converted cni fr embssy here in phil,if they accept the cni fr uk already?

I'm saying that according to Philippine law you MUST have a UK CNI issued by the British Embassy.

Rhose
3rd August 2012, 15:28
your fiance can exchange his local cni in British embassy here in Manila, but before going to the embassy he must get an appointment two weeks prior to the date you want to appear in the embassy. He also needs a cenomar, you can get it through online at e-census. You will address it to you because you're the one requesting. Fill up the form in e-census site. He needs to apply his visa if he will stay here more than 21 days.